I'm developing a performance suspension package for City's

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:56 pm

well if you let me know how much my set will be ile send the money over to you (also doesn't help that ime flat broke too lol)

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:04 pm

Yeah Ill start making up an invoice, got lots of little costs I have to spread out over the 5 or so sets Im going to make. I have to be very careful this whole thing doesn't end up costing me money, as that would be gay.

Making the last tool I need tomorrow so then I will actually be able to make the shocks!

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:13 pm

any progress mate?

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:36 pm

Getting there, pretty busy time for me, I move out of this flat and in with my GF 320km north at the end of november so I am motoring to try and get my car painted before then, and also trying to finish your set of struts. Once the move is done I'm going to have heaps of spare time with only the garage to keep me company so Ill be able to mow the sets of struts much more easily, but I know you need your sooner than that turbocab so Im going to do my best to get them done before I pack the lathe up to head north.

Some good news is I got some paid work lathing up some plastic bushings and doing some plastic machining that will cover the necessary costs for tooling and stuff, but thats mixed with bad news in that it takes up my time, oh well :P

Bry
Forum Participant

Postby Bry » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:51 pm

I could be interested in some pending final cost.. don't need anything crazy as it's just a daily.. I just want to eliminate a bit of roll and achieve some front neg camber + be able to lower it enough to tuck tyres on 15's :P

In the meantime I was considering chopping springs or getting them compressed... although from searching I havn't found much feedback of whether it rides like shit with choppies (which wouldn't surprise me), and not sure if re-setting/compressing them changes spring rates for better or worse?

Is there any other solutions to get some front camber happening like eccentric bolts or offset strut top/camber plate?

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:10 am

IF its non T2 you can use T2 lower arms to give you some more camber as they are longer, you will need to use T2 axles as well though.

I would cut anything but the rear springs, cutting the fronts will stiffen it up too much and make it understeer more, cutting the rears should give you a bit more oversteer seems FWDs are usually setup to understeer, you could do some mods to the front shocks so they sit lower in the hubs which will give you a little bit of lowering on the front end.

I do have a set (4) of some random japanese lowering springs here though they dont lower it much probably quite a lot stiffer than factory springs.

Bry
Forum Participant

Postby Bry » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:52 am

It's T2. What if i was to chop/lengthen the T2 arms by say 20-30mm? would there then be any issues with axles? (im fwd noob :P)

More info on what mods are neded to front shocks to make them sit lower? Has it been done before? I havn't had a proper look under the car to see what the susp setup is like.

If it's not scraping rails it's not low enough :twisted:

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:25 pm

Your lowering limit on a T2 is the wheel hitting the inside of the flared guards.

And, unfortunately that happens well before the car would be considered 'low'.

Bry
Forum Participant

Postby Bry » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:38 pm

I'll see what I can do with my trusty angle grinder and guard roller :D.. if I can get some front camber happening it would help a bit with going low.

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:40 pm

Guard roller wont help, its the inside of the flares thats the problem not the lip.

I am considering cutting the flares off and shifting them higher up on the guards, but thats possibly a little too much work to be bothered with in the short term.

Bry
Forum Participant

Postby Bry » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:42 pm

I'll check it out when I fit my wheels I guess.

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:44 pm

I think that if you want the car on the ground, then this is the wrong car for you lol

they are still quite high even on the bump stops,

Bry
Forum Participant

Postby Bry » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:49 pm

Haha I agree. It's my daily though so it won't be as low as my cars normally are, I'd just like to get the wheels sitting flush without being able to stick my head in between the guard and tyres.

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:51 pm

any news on the suspension kit for me?
matt
ps pm sent

Sub_Frequency
Forum Regular

Postby Sub_Frequency » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:42 am

and on those four random lowering springs ?? :D

Return to “General”