I'm developing a performance suspension package for City's

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:51 pm

any progress mate?
ime going to be needing a performance suspension package very soon :wink:

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:13 pm

Yeap mark me down for a set of springs etc. :D

city_mad
Forum Regular

haha

Postby city_mad » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:51 am

haha, that was funny ! LOOOOOOOOL :D :D :D

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:04 am

Soooo to answer a question, If you rock up at say Pedders suspension in a Honda City Turbo 2, are they able to fit new/lower springs off the shelf?

Another Q, What happens if say your Turbo blows? is that typically the end of your car?

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:53 am

Big developments in sourcing the required parts today, and the massive amount of uni work that has kept me from doing car work and posting on here is about to be greatly relieved next friday so hopefully will get the first set underway after that.

James

Postby James » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:54 am

ANTHRAXXX wrote:Soooo to answer a question, If you rock up at say Pedders suspension in a Honda City Turbo 2, are they able to fit new/lower springs off the shelf?

Another Q, What happens if say your Turbo blows? is that typically the end of your car?

No nothing off the shelf hence this project. And no you can get a replacement turbo for about $150 if you wait long enough.

James

Postby James » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:26 am

OK more development, found the rest of the seals. So pretty much all sorted and can still keep the price within the ballpark I stated at the beginning. Lathe should be fully operational at the end of next week and I should also have some spare time. Will be making one set of shocks for 3GCVC first as he has some springs and is reasonably close so he can test out the various stiffnesses of the shocks.

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:30 pm

awesome mate cant wait to see the results of your hard work.
as soon as you have the basic production down pat i would like to organize a set for my car because it will be one of the main factors that holds up the progress of my car in the very near future.
so whats the deal with the springs? will i have to get a set of my stock springs lowered here to get my ride height and travel exactly how i want it?
matt

James

Postby James » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:38 pm

The plan is to replace the springs with a standard size, linear rate coil-over spring. This will allow people to tune the rates to their needs. with your massive offset you will have significantly higher wheel ratio so you will need stiffer springs just to get the same ride, and then you want to control the movement quite a bit so you can have it low and not bottom out so you will end up pretty stiff most likely. I have found a supplier over here that is willing to let me swap spring rates to find the right ones so you can either do that over there or I can take ones that work on 3GCVC's cities and multiply them by your extra wheel ratio. Would probably be nice for you to be able to fine-tune tho, could make yours height adjustable in the knuckles to allow for different spring rates.

I can get you a set of rebuilt shocks modified to take coil over springs and circlip height adjustable on the knuckle end probably within 6 weeks. Will be stiffer than factory but not really tuned. Will some measurements from you regarding what height you want the chassis at for ride height and stuff.

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:51 pm

all sounding very good.
i agree that my suspension will have to be f#@king stiff and i am willing to have it rock hard.
who is supplying the springs for you over there?are the springs going to be like a generic size so i can pick them up here apon your recommendation for the stiffness.
you mentioned in your original post that there may be adjustment for camber etc in the top of the shock? if this is possible i would like to have as mutch adjustment as i can possibly get in every possible way so they are quite versatile,because i believe the massive offset is going to cause big troubles so i would like to be able to counter any problems with adjustments if they are available.
thanx matt

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:19 pm

any news bigelboe?
ive currently got the springs out of the front and rear of the car,(looks hot low at the front and back)you said i should take a series of measurements to give you an idea of my ride height,where/from what points should i take these measurements as i am currently in a position to do so but i want to put the springs back in soon so i can do some work on it again without fear of it falling off the jacks!........again :oops:
thanks matt

James

Postby James » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:57 pm

Send me an email bro and Ill let you know what I need. Will give me time to have a think about the most relavent measurements.

Dxs
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Dxs » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:25 pm

has there been any talk of just running one slot for a circlip and using a threaded sleeve for height adjustment?

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Fri May 01, 2009 7:28 am

that isnt legal here in NZ without a cert(which im sure many dont want to get) but i would be ok with circlip and platform to get the height as its a lot harder to spot. but anyone could still run the sleeves for adjustment on those i would guess,

it will only work in the front the rear is a different setup would need a sleeve designed differently

craybait
Donating Member

springs/shocks

Postby craybait » Tue May 05, 2009 11:23 am

I would like to order a set for my t2,did send a pm a while back.will try and post some pics soon

Return to “General”