removing side mirrors from t2?

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
turbocab
Donating Member

removing side mirrors from t2?

Postby turbocab » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:27 pm

how do you get them off?
matt

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:30 pm

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:14 pm

Pull the cover off the little lever, undo the screw below, pull the lever completely off.

Pull the triangle cover off, then undo the 3 screws and its free.

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:52 pm

thanks guys there off.
i was going to pull them apart so i can get paint right in around the mirror glass but from a quick inspection it looks to be a nightmare so i think ile just mask off the glass and the black rubber bit and see how i go.
if i can still see white paint behind the mirror i suppose i could always use a little artists brush to get some paint in there.
something interesting i discovered is that the little mould stamp on the two mirrors is not the same one says mitsyuba or something the other says something different almost like they were molded by two different injection molding company's hmmm.
matt

James

Postby James » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:36 pm

Was probably replaced in Japan or something (with Honda parts). Honda often have several manufactures make them parts, probably covers their bases, if one fails to deliver they still have parts. My civic manual often has descriptions for several different makers versionsm like a toyodenso and hitachi distributer or alternator etc.

Mike_NZ
Donating Member

Postby Mike_NZ » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:51 am

i was going to pull them apart so i can get paint right in around the mirror glass but from a quick inspection it looks to be a nightmare so i think ile just mask off the glass and the black rubber bit and see how i go.

On mine there's a small hole on the underside of the mirror, if you poke a screwdriver in there and loosen the screw on the back of the glass you can then just pop the mirror off the internal assembly.

I painted one of mirrors just masking it off and the result really wasn't as nice as the other mirror where I removed the glass to get better coverage.
Pulling them to bits really isn't that hard and is worth it in the end.

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:33 pm

thanks mike ive pulled them apart and found that each mirror is drastically different inside :? .
the steel bits inside were also fairly rusty so ive cleaned them up and por15'd them
thanks for the help guys.
matt

Return to “General”