T2 CITY FUEL PUMP

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

T2 CITY FUEL PUMP

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:22 am

Anyone have a pic. or something of exactly how the Fuel Pump bolts onto the chassis of the car? currently mines hanging in the breeze underneath...can't spot any really obvious brackets or figure out which way round the unit is supposed to go just yet ( vertically or horizontally? )

Caleb
Donating Member

Postby Caleb » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:57 pm

Hi Anthrax, u can find all the pics in the manual section in the turbo 1 part under fuel supply device (i don't think there's any difference between t2 & t2 with the pump & all the holes are in the same place), here's all the reliant pictures
http://www.cityturbo.com/manuals/24_60PD100/11/53.html
http://www.cityturbo.com/manuals/24_60PD100/11/15.html

BTW if u need any local help just give me a yell
CJ =D

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:51 pm

Geeze those drawings aren't very clear. Someone get this man a photo.

Mike_NZ
Donating Member

Postby Mike_NZ » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:42 am

Sorry I keep meaning to. I'll try to remember to post one up tonight.

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:16 am

Hello Thanks for the help I found a pic. in the online manuals section that helps alot. I really need to get the car up on a hoist to put the pump back on the bracket it's supposed to be strapped to. I attempted to take it for it's first run ( since buying it ) last night, but the front headlight bulb blew & then the battery went flat at the same time. Easy to fix probs. but kinda farcial at the time..

I'II get some pics. of it this weekend. I bought this car from Gumtree.com here in Perth for $100 bucks. + $100 to have it dropped-off at my house. The previous owner couldn't get it going, they had played with the fuel line & filter far as I could tell, turned out it had afew blown diodes on the ECU, which once replaced she roared into life. I have gutted the insides & plan to do it up, get the rust removed & a re-spray etc..throw some dollars at it basically as I've always loved the look of these cars. Since I'm ranting, I could use some Better front left/right quarter panels, and a new headlight/indicator stalk/assembly..

Mike_NZ
Donating Member

Postby Mike_NZ » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:51 pm

Here's a picture of the fuel pump roughly in place. Obviously the fuel tank's been removed and the metal shield that runs underneath the pump, but it gives you an idea of the location and orientation.

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:08 am

Cool thanks for the pic.

That's pretty much where I thought it had to go but I'II need the car up on a hoist or something to do it properly. I dunno if the previous owners changed the fuel lines at all but seems to me one or two of them would be kinked badly if I shoved the pump onto that bracket.

Is getting to the Turbo on these cars tricky? I've seen a pic on here of another guy's turbo with a bent fin...would like to checkout mine.

Mike_NZ
Donating Member

Postby Mike_NZ » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:24 pm

That's my turbo with the bent fin, it's a bit of a pain to get it off the engine while the engine's still in the car, there are some pictures here that should help you a bit: http://www.cityturbo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2137

Return to “General”