project mini cityturbo,finshed+certed.

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
madmini
Donating Member

project mini cityturbo,finshed+certed.

Postby madmini » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:15 pm

hi people,well affter 2 trips to the cert guy madmini is finaly on the road now,got the plate today new wof and rego,(last time was lat 2006!)

i have a link on youtube of it before i rebuilt the engine but will try take some more when i can.

well heres some pics of it :

[img][img]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff73/madmne/DSC00494.jpg[/img][/img]

engine bay

dash fron cityturbo installed
cert plate.

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:48 am

congrats mate the car looks awesome!

Mike_NZ
Donating Member

Postby Mike_NZ » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:05 am

That looks sweet! Well done.

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:29 am

Sweeeeeeeeeeet 8)

They made you work hard enough for it!

madmini
Donating Member

Postby madmini » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:35 am

yeah thats true but then again most of it was small stuff,just the hassle of going back twice,all up cost $800 to cert it and new wof.
thanks for the comments guys,just thort that id put up the finshed thing to keep the others out there that affter nearly a year and a half of building,then haveing problems ie blowing the engine twice in 2 months,that ya can get there so just keep on going,its well worth it at the end of the day to day you built it.

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:07 am

it helped,i just went out and got another cylinder of argon for the mig.
thanks for the inspiration.
now "to the garage batman!"
matt

James

Postby James » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:09 pm

I also did the first work on my car Ive done this year today :D

K1W1
Donating Member

Postby K1W1 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:54 pm

:D :D :D :D :D
You have gone and married my two best loves Mini/City Turbo . Mate that is one beautiful work of art . I want one .Take it along to a "modified fours" meeting and get them to detail that engine bay for ya and ring the motoring magazines to come have a look - it has to be a feature . Just Fours over here would love it .
Strap in a dash mount video , take it for a dash up the hill and post it up for us will ya .
Now for that little sky blue ute I saw .......?
1200 SSS or maybe 12A hmmmmm ?? l

madmini
Donating Member

Postby madmini » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:39 pm

lol thanks kiwi,yeah i know the engine bay a bit messy but i woring on a cover similer to the intercooler cover on t2's to go over rocker cover uo to the throtle body,just driveing it atm tho :D

the pickup in the background stays mini far to rare to go choping up ect im planing a 1380 in it soon as it will be a work ute (just bought a bussiness).

as for video :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfdxlDMQyFU

this i was when i first got it going and compression was down to 100psi tho and died not long affter,its real quick tho i was considering buying a new mini but not affter this wouldnt be as much fun....cityturbo owners know what i meen got to love that wheelspin in 2nd-3rd.

DODO
Donating Member

Postby DODO » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:18 am

good on you man! car looks awesome!! :D :D

James

Postby James » Mon May 04, 2009 2:35 pm

I went down to welly to check this beast out on the weekend, and its awesome 8)

Pretty tidy install, about as tidy as you can get while still fitting all the stuff in!

Interior is reasonably basic but has a few nice touches like the door handles and the DVD player and stuff. The bucket seats hold you in really well too.

As for the performance, well. ITS INSANE!

Handling feels like it doesn't have suspension at all, more like a gokart. No detectable body roll at all, well set up system, doesn't get bothered by mid corner bumps at all, nice and predictable.

Straight line performance is, heh, exciting. Combine the light-switch power band of a free-breathing city turbo motor with the lightweight mini, and the small diameter tyres and its all on. 1st gear just screams and lights up the tyres, 2nd geat starts to pull pretty well but lights up the tyres too, then 3rd gear gets some good bite.

Feeling that unique pull of the city turbo motor gave me some well need motivation to work on my car some more, cheers Pete!

JamesSA

Postby JamesSA » Mon May 04, 2009 7:03 pm

That looks awsome, good work! :D

madmini
Donating Member

Postby madmini » Mon May 04, 2009 7:12 pm

Feeling that unique pull of the city turbo motor gave me some well need motivation to work on my car some more, cheers Pete!

hehe no worries james,glad you enjoyed it,ive decided to take it to the mini fun day at taupo rece track on the 23rd this month,im hopeing to get around the track just a tad faster than full on race mini,ill set up a in car camera and post it up on youtube

That looks awsome, good work!

and thank you james sa :)

Return to “General”