new member seeking advice on GA citys & their potential

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:06 pm

Im not a believer of this whole "live rear axle needs binning" approach its suspension stiffen it up and modify it properly and it will be fine 3G civics have the same setup and people use them for racing no problem,

Do they have a panhard bar? if your lowered you need to have an adjustable length one to center the axle again possibly even a 2 axis adjustable one so you can level the bar flat again like factory which helps the handling,

Of course a rear swaybar and a stiff shock/spring combo to suit should have it handling quite well.

I wouldnt think that stitching in the rear of a EF CRX would be easy you would need a panel beater to do it or the skills tools and knowledge of a professional because it would need to be perfectly straight.

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:34 am

Yeah ideally you would have it on a chassis jig or something.

davidj
Forum Participant

Postby davidj » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:48 pm

Hi,

Just thought I would add that we recently completed a engine swap on a GA1 and put in a City Turbo I motor. We are setting this car up for track/fun days. So all the emission stuff (no more black box!) have been removed from the engine etc. straight through exhaust, bigger garret turbo. etc..

Last weekend was our first real test day on the track a Winton, Victoria. The rebuilt engine pulled really hard. Only running about 13psi
However, the stock suspension and street types meant handling was terrible!!!! The back kept wanting to exit the corner first.

So the next thing is to look at suspension. I expect there aren't many bolt on options for this. Need to spend some time laying on my back underneath contemplating some options.

If anyone has some advice/experience with suspension for GA1 it would be appreciated?

Personally, I wish I had a City Turbo I or II to drop into, the shape looks great and I suspect the suspension is probably much better!

The GA1 would be my first choice, but we had and engine and gear box... and the car was spare/not used so the project was born!

Will put some photo's up when I get a chance

Dxs
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Dxs » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:20 pm

have any pics etc david?

start a new thread for the car?

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:00 am

I cant remember what the suspension looks like on them,

if you look around you should be able to find something, i dunno why but i dont find the city in that video to have messed up suspension he was passing some pretty good cars (or should have been good) dont know about driver skill looked like it oversteered when pushed hard which is fine probably how the driver likes it or it needs a bit more tuning more front or less rear spring rate or different tire choice but doesn't look that bad.

Pretty sure they make aftermarket parts for everything in japan including the GA2 but if you have a look at the suspension and try to find something similar and some uprated springs and shocks, swaybars find something similar and do some fabbing to make it fit.

Also remember on short wheel base cars if the rear comes around they come around quick lol.

Return to “General”