My 1335cc Civic Sport Engine Conversion Progress & Pics

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
ClassicProT
Forum Regular

Postby ClassicProT » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:55 am

That looks awesome!

Well done mate, good to see that the project is going well.
Keep up the good work.

classichondasrule
Forum Enthusiast

Postby classichondasrule » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:58 pm

Hi, looks like i could do with a bit of advice, i am now at the point where all i need to do is connect my ignition module wire to the ignition barrel but i don't know which wire i need to connect it to, the wire would be the one that lights up the dash lights when you turn the key to the second turn but i don't know which that is, does anyone have that info?

i have 6 wires 2 of which are connected together ( white ) - yellow - black with white stripe - yellow - black with yellow stripe - white with red stripe -

this is the last thing i need to do so any help would be appreciated ( can't take my car for an MOT and turn off the engine by taking the wires off the battery lol ) please please help meeeee........

classichondasrule
Forum Enthusiast

Postby classichondasrule » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:39 am

okay i got things sorted now and i'm taking my car for it's MOT tomoz but it looks like my head gasket is failing L O L !!!!!!!! well i don't mind it just means everything that could have gone wrong with the engine is going wrong at the start lol i have a gasket set already so i'll be on that asap but my brakes seem a bit less functional as they used to be ( well she has been in and out of the garage and stood for like 6 months ) i'm on those next lol anyway i'm having the exhaust cut and welded right tomoz before my MOT so that's the last thing and i'll be driving her hhmm ( exept for head gasket and brake refurb L O L !!!!!!! it's good to be nearly there, oh and where is everybody? is it like a City Holiday time or what???

classichondasrule
Forum Enthusiast

Postby classichondasrule » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:45 am

Right my City is now ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have an MOT, insurance, but am awaiting my insurance cover note to road Tax it, i put my stereo in her today as i couldn't drive her yet, i did enjoy a drive from the MOT centre today, well chuffed i have to say.

when i'm completley on the road i'm going to take her to the HONDA garage and take a few photos of her in front, lol. ( maybe they will let me put her in the show room ) lol.

i will also take a vid of her running and going along so we can get an idea of how she is, all i can say from my drive to and from the MOT centre is............................ look out you Corsa boy racers, L O L!!!!!!!! lol

classichondasrule
Forum Enthusiast

Postby classichondasrule » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:26 am

well here's a couple of pics i took the other day, enjoy

ClassicProT
Forum Regular

Postby ClassicProT » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:32 pm

that looks awesome! grats on the fantastic job.

Bart
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Bart » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:34 pm

Looks good mate, it actually looks standard, good job.
Im waiting for someone to stick a twin cam Honda motor in one of these, would be good. I would do it but no time no money and too many legal hoops to go though here regarding modifications.

Mike_NZ
Donating Member

Postby Mike_NZ » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:45 pm

Looks good!

Were the people at the showroom suitably impressed?

T1especial
Forum Participant

Postby T1especial » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:20 pm

I love the red and black paint theme, looks sick!

Do you work at that dealership? If so, how many of those new Hondas have you smoked??

classichondasrule
Forum Enthusiast

Postby classichondasrule » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:45 pm

thanks guys, erm no i don't work... at the dealership, i waqs collecting my bolt that i had to wait 3ish weeks for lol hmm the red and black i havn't finished with it yet i'm going for black roof, boot and a black stripedown the sides after i have taken off the protector trim on the sides, but i'm no sprayer, lol but it will do for now, i will post some pics as i continue, well it's off to do my timing belt, correctly this time lol

classichondasrule
Forum Enthusiast

Postby classichondasrule » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:08 pm

Bart wrote:Looks good mate, it actually looks standard, good job.
Im waiting for someone to stick a twin cam Honda motor in one of these, would be good. I would do it but no time no money and too many legal hoops to go though here regarding modifications.

what honda model would the twin cam motor be out of ?
i liked this swap because i could use the EN4 gearbox and all the City mounts.
i had to modify the choke and accelerator cables and drill the accelerator housing to fit the City one in, intergrate the EN4 ignition module into the wiring and have an exhaust made up but on the whole it was a very easy job ( except i was trying something nobody knew of so i had to come up with new ideas but if anyone else does it ask me anything ) i'm about to get another City soon for parts but depending on it's condition i may do another EN4 ( i have another engine ) i just need to find an EB head to increase my BHP by at least 30-40 brake ( higher compression head ) which would mean bigger smiles, lol

classichondasrule
Forum Enthusiast

Postby classichondasrule » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:07 am

i managed to get hold of a cheap Honda Accord which had some nice OSCAM wheels on her, 5 1/2 J - 13" 100PCD, here's a couple of pics, what you guys think of them on the City?

i need to get some 60 profile tyres on them they are 80s at the mo and rubbing now and then lol

classichondasrule
Forum Enthusiast

Postby classichondasrule » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:12 am

heres a quick vid of me Jazz/City

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3C6Z0fJo18

it seems a bit squished though, lol

classichondasrule
Forum Enthusiast

Postby classichondasrule » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:56 am

well i have been playing with my spray can again and have changed the standard Jazz steering wheel, which i do prefer the look and the feel although the wheel sits further towards the driver moving the indicator stalks to my fingertips but i'm now used to it and am happy, take a look all, lol

i only sprayed the tops of the fenders/wings lol

and here's an extra couple of pics of my City/Jazz my Accord and my friends old Civic S

classichondasrule
Forum Enthusiast

Postby classichondasrule » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:59 am

oh i forgot to mention that i removed the side trims and covered the holes left with some trim, oops lol

Return to “General”