Engine Firing but only runs for short time

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
zakheron
Forum Participant

Engine Firing but only runs for short time

Postby zakheron » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:47 pm

Just had thecar wired (civic T1) and it fires up but cuts out not long after. ANy ideas or links to posts? I 've searched for ages but can't track anything.
Cheers

T1especial
Forum Participant

Postby T1especial » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:41 pm

Had you run the engine previously?Are you sure that the ECU is in good working order?

sasinak

Postby sasinak » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:19 pm

mine did that , check the fuel pump :lol:

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:18 pm

Start by re soldering the joints on the main relay and checking all your grounds are clean and secure.

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:46 am

Check the ECU for error codes after it stalls.

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:08 pm

If you still havent got it sorted next year give me a yell and i can come and give you a hand some time :)

zakheron
Forum Participant

Postby zakheron » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:04 pm

That would be awesome, its at a workshop at the moment and its getting codes but it seems the injectors are'nt firing.

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:13 pm

Depending on what the code is they might very well not be.

CHECK THE CODES :)

zakheron
Forum Participant

The story thus far

Postby zakheron » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:20 am

So Import Enhancements in Seaview is where my civic has been for about 4 months now with the idea that they would install a fuel pump and wire the turbo to start. But it seems that either this is beyond them or there are issues with the engine. The guy there keeps telling me about the loom and how he has sent it away to all his peers and nobody can find a problem, he has also said that for example if he attached a carb he thinks it would run, Obviously not a great idea. I'm not 100% about what stage the car is at as I haven't had any time to get down there for a good look. In the meantime the construction crew who were working on the stream beside the workshop dropped a steel girder on the roof. So in the end I decided it wasn't going anywhere staying there. It went off to panel on tuesday and hopefully when i get it back things will be a bit clearer.
Question: Are city turbo's particularlly tricky or unique so much so that a mechanic would have trouble?
Anyway any help from guys in the wellington area (colza?) would be amazing especially if someone could come have a quick look and listen.
Cheers

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:01 am

I have PM'd you my cell number, I am up in Auckland till Tuesday but after that im sure we can arrange a time for me to come and sort it out for you :D

Yes City Turbos are unique enough to confuse the pants out of anyone who hasnt worked on one before.

Having said that, the guy should know when to admit he doesnt have a clue and should have let you know so you could take it somewhere else.

I hope he isnt charging you too much for his own ignorance :? Don't let him put a bloody carb on it!!!

Return to “General”