Your opinion: Which is better, Turbo I or Turbo II?

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Jared2501
Forum Participant

Your opinion: Which is better, Turbo I or Turbo II?

Postby Jared2501 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:50 pm

Hi,
Im Jared, first time poster, occassional reader. I own a couple of cities (sadly they both lack the power of the turbocharger!) and am thinking of buying another, this time with a hint of turbo. So therein lies my question, what are the pros and cons of the Turbo I's and Turbo II's, and how do they compare?

Thanks a lot,
Jared

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:23 pm

t2! newer,wider track,look heaps better.

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Hyperblade » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:29 pm

Easier to find T1, but you will struggle to find a good condition T1 or T2 these days.

T2's have much better tyres as standard (larger), T1's are lethal in the wet or when pushing hard.

T2's handle way better.

T2's look better.

T2's have better seats, hold you in better, and rear is removable.

T2's have more top end power, the T1's run out of puff.

Downside is that T2's have more unique bits which means its harder to find spares, for body work, bumpers, seats etc.

T2's are more collectable.

T1's come in more colours.

If your serious about getting one, go for a T2, its just a better car all round.

Jared2501
Forum Participant

Postby Jared2501 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:13 pm

Thanks for the replies, that helps a lot! Gonna test drive me a T2 this weekend! Also, the boss at work had a T2 and said that his lower arm rusted out, and I hear that the more powerful engine puts pressure on the join around it causing it to crack and rust to start, is this a common problem or just some bad experiences? Again, thanks for the advice! Look forward to participating in the forums with me new car, probably wont get one for a while though....

T1especial
Forum Participant

Postby T1especial » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:34 pm

Mate, buy the white w black bonnet T2 on trademe, very reasonable price for the work done to it!!!! Would save you time any money in the long run & its pretty damn quick (check the youtube link of it racing at Meremere)

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:14 pm

Jared2501 wrote:Also, the boss at work had a T2 and said that his lower arm rusted out, and I hear that the more powerful engine puts pressure on the join around it causing it to crack and rust to start, is this a common problem or just some bad experiences?

Sounds like pure BS to me :lol:

More likely it was in a small crash and shunted everything round a bit.

Sub_Frequency
Forum Regular

agreed

Postby Sub_Frequency » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:26 am

Yip. that one sound fishy too me?
Would have to agree with Colza, more likely there has been some damage years ago that wasnt repair correctly and rust is your product. :shock:

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Hyperblade » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:17 pm

Jared2501 wrote:Thanks for the replies, that helps a lot! Gonna test drive me a T2 this weekend! Also, the boss at work had a T2 and said that his lower arm rusted out, and I hear that the more powerful engine puts pressure on the join around it causing it to crack and rust to start, is this a common problem or just some bad experiences? Again, thanks for the advice! Look forward to participating in the forums with me new car, probably wont get one for a while though....

Never EVER heard of a lower arm rusting out...

The T1/T2's can get cracks in the bottom of the suspension towers, but its not overly common, it would have to be pushed really hard often or hitting kerbs/potholes a lot to do that, and they don't rust out instantly because of it...

thshty

Postby thshty » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:50 am

T1especial wrote:Mate, buy the white w black bonnet T2 on trademe, very reasonable price for the work done to it!!!! Would save you time any money in the long run & its pretty damn quick (check the youtube link of it racing at Meremere)
yup it's a mint car I just sold it only reason was i'm getting back into mini trucking, the only problem with it was a leak that filled up the drivers foot well when it rained hard but other than that she was a beauty and went like a cut cat.

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:31 pm

mini trucking :lol:

Return to “General”