Off the mark drag.

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Sub_Frequency
Forum Regular

Off the mark drag.

Postby Sub_Frequency » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:53 am

Not that I endorse street racing of any kind,

But I was just curious to see how some of the other members have done when they have gone up against other vehicles in friendly 'drags'

Just my reasoning behind this is that I had a guy in a 20 valve 2000 something toyota levin ask for a drag when he stopped next to me saying "lights to lights gee" (quite halerious really)
I thought it would be pretty even matched but the little city destroyed him till like 90km/hr then he stopped falling behind and slowly started picking up ground again :)

The only other vehicle I've 'dragged' persay was a V6 VN commodore which got crapped out from the get go... far too heavy :)

Thoughts from the rest of the crowd? :)

2fast4u
Forum Regular

Postby 2fast4u » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:05 pm

Hey im not a big street racer myself.

But as we all do driving our funny little rocket boxes we like to embarrass people who have big cars, i was at the lights with a subaru WRX.

Im not sure if the driver could launch properly or what but i thrashed him from the lights till about 70 or so km then he just took off.

These little cars have amazing power till bout 70 km and can launch faster then a lot of turbo cars just doesnt maintain its speed.

But yeah you will find they do kick most standard 2 letter cars in low revs

well done mate:)

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:34 pm

The faster you go the less your power to weight ratio (where the city is good) matters and the more your power to air resistance(where the city is pretty poor) matters. Only thing you can do about is lower it and make heaps of power :twisted:

connorling
Forum Regular

Postby connorling » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:20 am

that s y they call it city.

City_Ridah
Forum Regular

Postby City_Ridah » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:18 pm

Way to make our city's proud guys welldone. Kinda getting emotional seeing mine go lol :(

MADLARZ

Postby MADLARZ » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:59 pm

Had a similar thing against the flatmates Altezza, Had him till about 70 odd kms then he blitzed me lol... This was on private property (Farm road) . Had me quite surprised as I thought the Altezza would of had me right from the start, I guess having no interior helped alot lol

I myself will be sad as well when I let this little car go soon, its Colza's old car btw :)

connorling
Forum Regular

Postby connorling » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:08 pm

i beat a is200 on fwy all the way to 140 then i decide not risking my old engine

Sub_Frequency
Forum Regular

rofl

Postby Sub_Frequency » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:26 pm

great to hear that there have been plenty of other plebs sucked in by the city :)

I have to say that these cars are probally the most fun I've had in under 1300cc :)

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:27 pm

my brothers v8 vs auto ute was repetitively owned by a few car lengths up until about the 100km mark where he would fly by.then he supercharged the f*#king thing.and $25000 later he could comfortably beat my little $5000 jap crap.

ClassicProT
Forum Regular

Postby ClassicProT » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:17 am

could you imagine what would happen if you spent 25k on modifying the city!

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:32 pm

that is including purchase price but i recon i will have by the time ime done :roll:

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:57 pm

I had recently taken down a Mitsi GSR, although well known for being a slow car the GSR should have still got me but only managed to pull on me at 140kph, we were rolling in second gear as that favoured the city, the GSR lagged & i got the early getaway.

bowlink1
Donating Member

Postby bowlink1 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:40 am

my brother has a supra '89 2ltr 6 cylinder twin turbo and my city smoked it up till about 100km
also have beaten a wrx in a short drag, and nissan laural turbo (they werent happy about that...) and a evo 3 but the evo did have 5 people in it and we only had 2.
although i did lose repeditively to my mates N/A MR2...

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:29 pm

Haha thats awesome, looks like you've been having more fun than me but im sure to be taking on more types of cars in the future. Its quite funny how the car the that you think you would have the most chance against ends up beating you, im guessing the MR2 (Non Turbo) is some what modified i hope! & as for those other cars............well they must just be poor examples of what that type of car is capable of, especially the EVO! i feel very sorry for that person LOL :)

bmgjet
Donating Member

Postby bmgjet » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:04 pm

Its dependent on the driver when racing with turbo cars.
City will always win in a nana drag (as in not much risk breaking things.) since its coming on boost a lot early 20-25ks where the other turbo cars have way more lag and wont be coming on till 40-45Ks, Combined with its light weight and short gears it will beat most things in low speed.

If the evo had launch control to build some boost and they owner didnt care about the drive train it would just leave you behind straight off the line.

N/A MR2's arnt that bad they are sort of like the city and aimed towards low speed by having short 1st-2nd gears to get up in the power quickly.

On another note im currently working on a launch control device for my T2 city. Just tring to figure out a way to pull timing to help it build boost. Thinking of using a mini compressor on dizzy vac lines.

Return to “General”