REBUILT OF HONDA CITY TURBO 1

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
spangleking
Forum Enthusiast

Postby spangleking » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:29 pm

radiator cap has a valve in it.
Heater also utilises the hot water provided by the engine cooling system.

This radiator pressure release valve may be affecting the heating initially until it valve opens up.All the hot water is channeled into the head and block to warm up the engine and the valve is closed at this time.As the temperature comes up it opens and lets more water through, that heats up and this open system supplies the heating unit?

Throw the pressure release valve 'cold' into some hot water and see if it opens up?Check to see if it works ok?

sanmartin wrote:Thanx for answers, but I can`t understand the ANSWER clearly... Thanx to my friend DOPE for support , but I will try to explain the problem with my City T1 - THE WAY THAT I CAN - so when I turn on the car... from all vents blow cold air ( the engine is cold...normal ) after few minutes I turn on the heater ( non the A/C ) - my car have STOCK AIR CONDITION ( with freon ) and HEATER ( with fan ) - I use only HEATER ( in red diapason of temperature scale - around 28-29 C ) because I haven`t freon now...so when i turn on the fan of heater in position I II or III ( I II or III - position of power of fan ) - the HEATER work with normal noise and power. I have 4 positions of mechanical switch of HEATER:

01 - front vents ( 4 circle vents ( 1 left , 2 central and 1 right vents )
02 - front and foot vents
03 - foot vents ( 1 down left vent, 1 down right vent )
04 - windscreen dash vents

the PROBLEM is : when I switch these 4 position I see

on position 01 - blow only COLD AIR from 4 circle vents
on position 02 - blow COLD AIR from front vents and HOT AIR from foot vents
on position 03 - blow only HOT AIR from foot vents
on position 04 - blow only HOT AIR form windscreen dash

Is this normal for HONDA CITY TURBO 1 1984 ????

Oh, I forgot to say that my car have STOCK FRIDGE for cold beer.he is direct connected between left front vent and central front vent...

WHO HAVE T1 1984 Year with STOCK A/C ( with freon ) and STOCK FRIDGE for cold beer?

Thanx again....

sanmartin
Forum Participant

Postby sanmartin » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:19 am

I have few questions:

1 - Can I use these brake pads - Ferodo FDB305 Front Brake Pads

2- Can help with information about models or replacement models of my shock absorbers, fuel filter, fuel pump, water pump, and can I use intercooler from VW GOLF MK2?

spangleking
Forum Enthusiast

Postby spangleking » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:18 am

I have never done a check of my hreater. It either goes or it does not go. It goes then it gets too hot .

In your case I would get under the seat or take it out and check your CU or computer for error codes in the small dark window 1.5cm long.
If there is some computer related malfunction a number or two numbers will show up in red. If they do show Go to the 'cityturbo info base ' on this site to get the codes and what the fault may be.

BEER FRIDGE: Wow you must be the envy of all aussies....Never seen one is there a picture of this?

I do not think the TI came out in 1984.
I have an 83 TII [bulldog style body with intercooler when they are not stealing it]
I have 81 / 82 TI's, but never seen a beer fridge.

sanmartin wrote:Thanx for answers, but I can`t understand the ANSWER clearly... Thanx to my friend DOPE for support , but I will try to explain the problem with my City T1 - THE WAY THAT I CAN - so when I turn on the car... from all vents blow cold air ( the engine is cold...normal ) after few minutes I turn on the heater ( non the A/C ) - my car have STOCK AIR CONDITION ( with freon ) and HEATER ( with fan ) - I use only HEATER ( in red diapason of temperature scale - around 28-29 C ) because I haven`t freon now...so when i turn on the fan of heater in position I II or III ( I II or III - position of power of fan ) - the HEATER work with normal noise and power. I have 4 positions of mechanical switch of HEATER:

01 - front vents ( 4 circle vents ( 1 left , 2 central and 1 right vents )
02 - front and foot vents
03 - foot vents ( 1 down left vent, 1 down right vent )
04 - windscreen dash vents

the PROBLEM is : when I switch these 4 position I see

on position 01 - blow only COLD AIR from 4 circle vents
on position 02 - blow COLD AIR from front vents and HOT AIR from foot vents
on position 03 - blow only HOT AIR from foot vents
on position 04 - blow only HOT AIR form windscreen dash

Is this normal for HONDA CITY TURBO 1 1984 ????

Oh, I forgot to say that my car have STOCK FRIDGE for cold beer.he is direct connected between left front vent and central front vent...

WHO HAVE T1 1984 Year with STOCK A/C ( with freon ) and STOCK FRIDGE for cold beer?

Thanx again....

spangleking
Forum Enthusiast

Postby spangleking » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:23 am

Hi there are 2 types of pads.
TI has a small clip attached.
These fit a City E or later T II I think.
Its no bother if they will not fit into the TI caliper.
Just get an anglegrinder and grind a small amount off until they fit freely.
Grind the tabs at the top and bottom of each pad if they will not fit. They look ok to me and I have done this in the past as cannot always get the parts you want on same day service.

IF th
sanmartin wrote:I have few questions:

2- Can help with information about models or replacement models of my shock absorbers, fuel filter, fuel pump, water pump, and can I use intercooler from VW GOLF MK2?

spangleking
Forum Enthusiast

Postby spangleking » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:29 am

TI factory Shock absorbers are worth more than the car each for a factory part.Think I was quoted $2,000 NZ ea ex Japan.
If you can adapt someother part may be a way, be never met anyone who has done it yet.
Any intercooler will do. Just get the hoses connected the right way.
Is there a pic of a GOLF Intercooler?
I think I posted some info about the fuel filter before.
Water pumps are just a standard ER or AA type that fit all Honda Cities to the best of my knowledge.
Should be able to get that ok?
Fuel pumps are still available, but specify it is a turbo fuel injected motor.

spangleking wrote:Hi there are 2 types of pads.
TI has a small clip attached.
These fit a City E or later T II I think.
Its no bother if they will not fit into the TI caliper.
Just get an anglegrinder and grind a small amount off until they fit freely.
Grind the tabs at the top and bottom of each pad if they will not fit. They look ok to me and I have done this in the past as cannot always get the parts you want on same day service.

IF th
sanmartin wrote:I have few questions:

sanmartin
Forum Participant

Postby sanmartin » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:58 pm

Yes, the motor is full injection with turbo... I will upload pics soon...

bmgjet
Donating Member

Postby bmgjet » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:23 pm

Imo go for a better fuel pump then standard. That was if you decide to up the boost later on you wont have to worry about the fuel pump so much.

sanmartin
Forum Participant

Postby sanmartin » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:37 pm

Hello again, I can`t find this link http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... A-1917vF-Q

Has anyone have the pictures from this post?

sanmartin
Forum Participant

Postby sanmartin » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:51 pm

sanmartin wrote:Problem : How to repair this:

Only for information, the searching link was for this problem , in the link there was a repair kit for my problem on the pics. Thank you.

ailixhomes

Postby ailixhomes » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:31 pm

Hi i have honda city since few years ago. I want to change turbo in my honda city because of some damages but i have not enough knowledge to change it by my self so that i am searching some best automobile center who help me to change it. Can you suggest me some best automobile shop please help me for it.

Return to “General”