Theives strike Black City Turbo in Roslyn again in Dunedin

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
spangleking
Forum Enthusiast

Theives strike Black City Turbo in Roslyn again in Dunedin

Postby spangleking » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:52 pm

My other black classic car 81 TI was broken into recently and the whole steering wheel was wrenched off severing the splined section asunder. It took a large amount of strength to do this. Then they stole the LHS black speaker panels... It cannot bear to look under the bonnet yet...why do these losers keep farking Honda City turbos?

Will a Honda City R or E steering column fit a Turbo without modifcation?

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Hyperblade » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:30 pm

Sad to hear. Pretty desperate to do that.

The steering columns should be the same as far as i'm aware.

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:13 am

It should fit yeah, but maybe the combo switch for the wipers and headlights will be a little different,

Let me know if you need any parts i know where there is a couple of T1 for parts and i still have a few T2 bits as well,

REALLY sounds like you need a garage / offstreet parking / a seriously large dog that lives in the car.

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:43 pm

3GCVC wrote:It should fit yeah, but maybe the combo switch for the wipers and headlights will be a little different,

Let me know if you need any parts i know where there is a couple of T1 for parts and i still have a few T2 bits as well,

REALLY sounds like you need a garage / offstreet parking / a seriously large dog that lives in the car.

The levers/switch for wipers/headlights is the same. You can use the intermittent wiper levers off a N/a on a turbo2 to get intermittent wipers.

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:27 am

HyperBlade wrote:
The levers/switch for wipers/headlights is the same. You can use the intermittent wiper levers off a N/a on a turbo2 to get intermittent wipers.

what, T2s dont have INT wipers? My T1 does.

Sub_Frequency
Forum Regular

Postby Sub_Frequency » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:19 pm

Actually funny you mention that.

My T2 has no int. wipe either?
LOL never really noticed that T1's did untill now....

off to the wreckers to find a T1 :)

Hyperblade

Postby Hyperblade » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:28 pm

3GCVC wrote:
HyperBlade wrote:

what, T2s dont have INT wipers? My T1 does.

All the ones i've owned and seen...

They have the relay just not the levers.

spangleking
Forum Enthusiast

Postby spangleking » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:23 pm

Thanks for theoffer.
I have all the bits on the wheel which seems to have disappeared inside the house now[ it will turn up] ( :Its just a matter of fitting the new shaft but in the absence of a T1 shaft I wondered if a city E would do as I can get one of those.

The car was further vandelised by the same crew of 13yrs olds in the first week of January.Bonnet jumped on or levered unsucessfully to open.

As a result of me reporting about 5 separate incidents of vandelism over the xmas jan 2011 month period the cops came up at 7.30am the following morning and issued me with about $1,600 in stationary vehicle fines then about $500 more later in the morning..so those little p r..ks owe me. Oer $2000 in one day that is a record for me anyway... more community work or jail this time ( : A dream come true ( :

3GCVC wrote:It should fit yeah, but maybe the combo switch for the wipers and headlights will be a little different,

spangleking
Forum Enthusiast

Postby spangleking » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:25 pm

I have garage and off street parking.

I would like tv cams and an alarm like an Alsation.( :

Return to “General”