Mag Wheel Sizes/Offsets

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:24 am

Hyper I can confirm that running incorrect offset - putting the center of the tyre in a non-standard position can make the handling feel strange. I had the wrong offset 15" in my civic and changed to the right offset and it made a huge difference.

If you know the stock width and offset, you can sit down with a bit of paper and work out what the offset should be on a different sized wheel to put the centre of the contact patch in the right place. You can also measure the guard and strut clearance from a known mag to make sure it will fit.

If you have a stock mag and a ruler you should be able to work out the offset.

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Hyperblade » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:14 am

James wrote:Hyper I can confirm that running incorrect offset - putting the center of the tyre in a non-standard position can make the handling feel strange. I had the wrong offset 15" in my civic and changed to the right offset and it made a huge difference.

If you know the stock width and offset, you can sit down with a bit of paper and work out what the offset should be on a different sized wheel to put the centre of the contact patch in the right place. You can also measure the guard and strut clearance from a known mag to make sure it will fit.

If you have a stock mag and a ruler you should be able to work out the offset.

Nice to know i'm not imagining it!

I don't have stock Mags so if anyone does have any they could measure that would be really good! (if anyone has the 6 holed honda mags then you have stock upgrade)

I've since brought some new 13" tyres, now just need to find some mags with the correct offset to match, finding 13" mags though is proving very difficult.

stx-16
Forum Participant

Postby stx-16 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:31 am

iv found in all 3 of my cars i have now and every car iv had before them (sr20det corolla, turbo r31, 4agze ae86, 7mgte ma61 and this city)the car has heaps better cornering speed and really twitchy/direct from more neg offset or longer LCA's

Return to “General”