New member!

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Chronos_c4
Forum Participant

New member!

Postby Chronos_c4 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:01 pm

Hey guys hows it goin,

just bought myself a pretty-good condition City Turbo II

originally i got hold of a City E (auto) as a last ditch effort after i couldnt find a turbo one. but one day i saw one rolling round work and offered a price and now its mine :)

current have a GTO Twin Turbo as my fast car, Lancer as my run around but now the City Turbo is the new project :) planning on a new colour (unsure what i should do)

just got a bit of rust to fix up (nothing serious), the body kit on its way then new colour here we come

any suggestions? im thinking either a rich white or glossy black

Currently living out in bulls and working at ohakea,
am the vice president of the national GTO club too (http://www.gtoperformance.co.nz)

look forward to learning heaps about this car and getting the most out of it

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:27 am

Welcome to the forum!

I think a nice clean gloss black would look very nice, but you have to get pretty good panels to pull it off. A nice clean white would probably look good too and would be more forgiving on the condition of your panels.

craybait
Donating Member

t2 colour

Postby craybait » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:59 pm

welcome,I would suggest stay silver but pick a 'clean' silver like vw polo or porsch silver for the paint shop to mix.White also looks good

spangleking
Forum Enthusiast

Postby spangleking » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:07 pm

wow another sunroof model.. has it got an intercooler

bmgjet
Donating Member

Postby bmgjet » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:24 pm

Pull the sun roof out when you have some spare time and make sure theres no rust and that the drains are clear.

Chronos_c4
Forum Participant

Postby Chronos_c4 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:18 pm

spangleking wrote:wow another sunroof model.. has it got an intercooler

yea its got the intercooler in it :)

will have to find some free time and money to go over this car with a fine tooth comb, identify and fix and rust areas, including sunroof, prep the new body kit, prep the car and get its new colour sorted.
from there i can start on the engine, already done a new oil change etc and its just had its cambelt/waterpump done, aircon is out, holden fuel pump

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Mon May 02, 2011 10:15 pm

That's clean for a T2 these days, how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

What kind of wheels are on it and if your thinking of upgrading in future let me know if you want to sell them.

I think if you want to change colour you need to stay silver so you don't have to spray the door jambs under bonnet and inside the car as there's quite a lot of silver inside the car on the doors and A pillars etc

Otherwise a whole inside + outside spray would be needed to pull it off like factory.

Chronos_c4
Forum Participant

Postby Chronos_c4 » Tue May 03, 2011 6:51 am

i managed to get it for $650

not sure what kind of wheels are on there ill take a look when i get home, but ill more than likely be upgrading to some 14s or 15s something that looks nicer so definitely let ya know when i wanna sell them :)
i was thinking something more like these: (even tho they sold)
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =369707458

and yea i was thinking about the inside of the car the other day, it would be overall better to do the inside, but surely i can do the inside at a separate time to the outside?? i think the rust removal part requires more attention at this stage.
though a black outside and silver inside wouldnt be too annoying lol

Return to “General”