A few new goodies for the ol' city

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
snareth
Donating Member

A few new goodies for the ol' city

Postby snareth » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:03 pm

Been collecting a few bits n bobs for the city, have been putting most of the easy stuff but im going on a world trip next year, so the turbo and such will be waiting till i return :)

turbo, intercooler, BOV

Recaros

New carpets(in black, woo woo!!)

Analogue dash ( thanks mikey nz)

And de-baged

Have rims to, but they are too wide......gets the rubbys.

also got a turbo timer and some H22A injectors( i belive they fit? ) And need some suspension.........if only someone on here was making some...... :)

Also i know this has been asked before, but has anyone found a set of suspension bushings and engine mount bushings?

That is all......

bowlink1
Donating Member

Postby bowlink1 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:05 pm

those new carpets look really sweet; fully moulded? where did you get them from

snareth
Donating Member

Postby snareth » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:08 am

Yep fully moulded, just need to cut the hole for everything. Got them on trade me from a company called Autodec in east tamiki. looks heaps better with them in.....and no more stinky carpet smell!!!

http://www.autodec.co.nz/

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:28 pm

What size turbo is that in the pictures?

What is your old carpet like? If its not worn I might be interested.

snareth
Donating Member

Postby snareth » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:55 pm

turbo is a garret t25, old carpet was pretty knackered....had a bad case of the stinkys....unfortunatly its gone out in the inorganic :) The new carpet from Autodec was $285, but thats not incuding the boot mat......that was an extra $80

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:24 pm

sweet ^ just so everyone knows some soap and a water blasting takes care of stinky carpet!

Also what kind of stinky? if moisture stinky may pay to check that the drain tubes for the sunroof are not blocked and all the rubber plugs are in the holes in the floor or your new carpet will end up the same.

snareth
Donating Member

Postby snareth » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:35 pm

mostly age stink......but was a lil wet on the passenger floor......windscreen gets the dribbles if its raining and really windy.....but its getting garaged soon while i go away, then stripped down down n all fixed up when i gets back.....ist got a bit of cancer around the windscreen that needs to be done....though im pretty sure the rust will be much worse when we get it all stripped down.

just remembered there is a couple of citys getting wrecked on trade me.....i asked one guy if he had any carpet, he some grey ones from an auto in good condition for $40, ill see if i can find the auction if you like?

i was just thinking about the repainting......anyone seen a gunmetal grey city before? like the gunmetal on r32 skylines......any good? either that or a nice metallicy silver?

Coops
Forum Participant

Postby Coops » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:39 pm

that looks hell sick, where you get the recaros from? you got custom mounts?

snareth
Donating Member

Postby snareth » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:53 pm

Hey Coops.....welcome to the city forums, you got a city too? anywhooo.....recaros came of trade me....i think they are out of a gsr lancer....factory seat rails fit them, just needed a couple o new holes :) n then straight on in.

Coops
Forum Participant

Postby Coops » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:18 pm

Heya Snareth, thanks for the welcome, yea i got a city pro t as a daily, just getting my head around this car, found out that there isnt alot of info on them lol, love those recaros tho may have to steal the idea sometime ;)

snareth wrote:Hey Coops.....welcome to the city forums, you got a city too? anywhooo.....recaros came of trade me....i think they are out of a gsr lancer....factory seat rails fit them, just needed a couple o new holes :) n then straight on in.

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Hyperblade » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:11 pm

snareth wrote:mostly age stink......but was a lil wet on the passenger floor......?

Its the left hand side sill drain holes they will be blocked and need clearing.

If they block in wet weather it back fills the sill and normally leaks in to the floor wells.

Return to “General”