Tuner ? Honda Accord?

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
smith123

Tuner ? Honda Accord?

Postby smith123 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:16 pm

what does it mean when people are "dropping pounds" (or something like that) in their tuners ?

also how can i make my 95 honda accord 4door faster ? please include parts, price range, order of importance/most beneficial, etc.
====================

honda-pop
Forum Participant

Postby honda-pop » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:41 pm

You'll most likely be better off joining http://honda-tech.com/
or http://www.ozhonda.com/ to get that information.

bmgjet
Donating Member

Postby bmgjet » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:15 pm

or nzhondas.com

twin_c's
Forum Participant

Re: Tuner ? Honda Accord?

Postby twin_c's » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:22 am

smith123 wrote:what does it mean when people are "dropping pounds" (or something like that) in their tuners ?

also how can i make my 95 honda accord 4door faster ? please include parts, price range, order of importance/most beneficial, etc.
====================

the term "dropping pounds" means that they are getting as much unneeded weight out of their cars as possible to not necessarily go faster but to reduce the time it take to accelerate the car (ie. remove rear seats, lightweight front seats, fibreglass hood and bonnet, lightweight rims). this method of reducing drag or lap times is good for low to moderate improvements (depending on the amount of weight removed) for those that either don't have the budget for engine mods or cant modify the motor due to restrictions. if you want to improve the performance of your car with out it being to noticeable (sleeper) I would recommend you going down the mod path which incorporates bolt on mods like a turbo or a supercharger, pod filters to increase air flow, full sports exhaust, larger cams, high comp pistons (unless running turbo), lightweight crank and rods, adjustable cam pullies, larger injectors, and a remapped ecu. this method will give you moderate to high improvements by itself and give more adjustibilty to the motor, but if you combine both methods together and you will get a really tough car that will pull hard of the line and will accelerate quickly to top speed.

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:50 am

best way to make that quick is to throw the motor (its not a CD6 SiR right) and install a H22A from a BB1-4 prelude or other H22A powered car.

Of course the CD6 SiR already has a H22A though

Return to “General”