Rear springs

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
twin_c's
Forum Participant

Rear springs

Postby twin_c's » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:39 pm

hi all had a look around for rear spring replacment as my ones where sagged causing the 185's fitted to scrub out on a decent corner or when had more the 2 people in it. only springs i found which where the closest are set of rear springs from a 86-89 prelude. king springs make this when ordered, $183.23 a pair through fulcrum suspension. when installed they give a good 1 1/2 - 2 inch clearence from top of tire to the wheel arch, and as noticed on road test makes the steering feel sharper as well as act as though a light sway bar is fitted to the back reducing the amount of body roll present

hope this helps you all out,

twin_c's

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:02 am

Good to know this. How much do you think it lowers the rear over factory springs?

But just to clarify I think your talking about 83-87 preludes second generation AB and BA1 BA2 chassis.

87 is a crossover year and 87-91 models third generation or BA4 or BA5 chassis codes are different the later (87-91) prelude has different springs in the rear which wont fit.

twin_c's
Forum Participant

Postby twin_c's » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:53 pm

yeah the ba1/2. dont know in comarision to good rear springs but it lifts the rear up when they replace sagged springs, my tires were a good 1 - 1 1/2 inch under the guard before the springs were replaed

Return to “General”