Air filter

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
twin_c's
Forum Participant

Air filter

Postby twin_c's » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:20 pm

Hi all if your chasing better throttle response out of a N/A city purchase a 2-5/16 mount Stromberg performance air filter assembly these clamp straight on. did this to my car this morning and there was a notable increase in throttle response.

Coops
Forum Participant

Postby Coops » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:18 pm

have you got a price/supplier also do you have any pics of it installed? pretty keen to upgrade my air filter

twin_c's
Forum Participant

Postby twin_c's » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:35 pm

hi coops the filter assembly is a tfi racing (part no. 446-101) which was $44.95 from autobarn. to compensate for the lack of a breather fitted to the filter housing base you will need to drill a 16mm hole in the base and fit a 1/2 x 3/8 bsp male elbow $15.95 (tfi racing part no. BME1238) and a 1/2 breather pipe hose or fit a catch can (approx $76 for a cheap one). will upload pics later

Grunza

Postby Grunza » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:07 pm

I just run some spark arrest mesh over my intake no filter, just gotta keep off the gravel roads

rbjett
Forum Participant

Postby rbjett » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:19 pm

i got one of these, but instead of plumbinb the PCV back in, i just put a breather on it. i think its a 8 or 10mm id fitting. only thing is theres a minor flat spot when its not all the way up at operating temp with no choke in

ailixhomes

Re: Air filter

Postby ailixhomes » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:40 pm

twin_c's wrote:Hi all if your chasing better throttle response out of a N/A city purchase a 2-5/16 mount Stromberg performance air filter assembly these clamp straight on. did this to my car this morning and there was a notable increase in throttle response.

You share this information is very nice. I have not enough knowledge about Air filter but i know that is very useful part of car and other vehicle. It helps to engine to works properly.

Return to “General”