boosted pro t

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!

which turner are you

Engine upgrade
25%
Engine stock
No votes
fuel injected turbo
25%
boosted carb
50%
blower
No votes

Total votes: 4

twin_c's
Forum Participant

boosted pro t

Postby twin_c's » Mon May 14, 2012 9:06 pm

hi all i know that this has been discussed here numerous times but i have been thinking that a analogue turbo (boosted carb) setup is do-able on the er 8 valve non-cvcc motor for under the $2500 mark. Garret produce the gt1242 and the gt1544, both of which have a triangular flange mount which might fit onto a standard exhaust header, the gt1241 is rated for 400cc upto 1.2ltr and 50-130hp while the gt1544 is rated for 1.0ltr upto 1.6ltr and 100-150hp which is mor than enough for a regularly driven car. I do agree with the standard keihin 2bbl carb is not up to the standard for boosting as it doesn't have the tune-ability of other carbs but if you modified the inlet for a weber dgv/dgs or a holley 350 (both of which have the ability to be boosted and are able to be tuned to anybodies wishes) a analogue turbo is possible. While pistons are the main problem as anybody can guess you should be able to get a way with either fitting a decompression plate (thin piece of steel between two head gaskets) or machining the dome out of the top of the piston to drop the compression to 8.5/9:1. all this being said thou both analogue and fuel injected turbo set-ups have there advantages and disadvantages like an analogue turbo which while it is a simpler set-up it requires the A.F.R. to be on the rich side to prevent the motor from detonating, and fuel injected turbo set-ups which allow for tighter fuel metering and fuel cut outs to prevent over-boosting they are more complex and requires more knowledge to tune. all up while an analogue turbo/blower is doable and to older style tuners and old school fanatics (like myself :D) is preferred the fuel injected turbo set-ups are the safer choice, after all they didn't call the turbo 4 and 6 cylinder f1 cars of yesteryear (analogue turbo's) hand-grenades for nothing. in the end its the owners choice which way they go and how much they spend, i myself would be a boosted carb man through and through

1975 civic
I'm New Here, Please Be Nice!

Re: boosted pro t

Postby 1975 civic » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:08 pm

Did you ever get around to this. I am looking at something similar?

Return to “General”