New to Honda City's need assistance

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
JDMREVEREND

New to Honda City's need assistance

Postby JDMREVEREND » Wed May 16, 2012 6:35 am

Hey guys,

I just acquired a 86 Honda City Turbo II in mint condition, but wanted to gather more information and parts about the car.

I'm looking to get information on where I can buy basic replacement parts such as brake pads and rotors, oil filters, etc... What spark plugs I should use and so forth.

I'm also interested in purchasing the Mugen aero kit for the Turbo II. If you have one and would only consider sale with a substantial offer, please message me.

Looking for any and all other rare accessories / parts for the car.

Thanks again :)

JDMREVEREND

Postby JDMREVEREND » Wed May 16, 2012 6:36 am

I'm also looking for a speaker cover for the front. I have the wooden square but missing the material that goes over that.

Pics of my recent pick up.

3GCVC
Forum Addict

Postby 3GCVC » Wed May 16, 2012 10:46 am

Welcome.

Looks like a very tidy T2! directly imported from Japan i'm guessing? Has the optional lip kit at least on the front I can see.

As for brake pads and rotors I think quite a lot of parts are similar to some US Hondas, You can check the 2G Prelude 1984-1987 DX (AB chassis) as I think its brake pads are the same size) also another possible is the 1G crx / 3G civic again 1984-1987 have similar sized brakes on the Si model so perhaps brake rotors and pads from those.

Also from memory the city uses the same Z130 filter as my 3G civic with browntop ZC motor so perhaps if you try a 1G Acura Integra with D16A for the oil filter which is years 1986-1989 in the USA.

Sparkplugs are quite different to most not sure if they will be available in the states or not but check the cambelt cover or inside of the hood for sparkplug code I use the NGKs

As for other parts like you mentioned Im happy to help if you cant find anything there in the States and I have a discount on international shipping and can get trade price on autoparts here in NZ.

JDMREVEREND

Postby JDMREVEREND » Wed May 16, 2012 10:51 am

I noticed it does not have the mud flaps / guards. I need a set of those as well. But yes looking for any accessories I can add.

Grunza

Postby Grunza » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:50 pm

I have a speaker cover if you need it bro.

DDmitry
Forum Regular

Postby DDmitry » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:52 am

Original mud flap for T2 it's real problem because mad flap it is accessories.I find that at Yahoo action, but condition was is not good.

civic_zr
Forum Participant

Postby civic_zr » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:01 pm

I have a honda aero kit rear wing that would suit your aero bumpers

JDMREVEREND

Postby JDMREVEREND » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:38 pm

PM'd! About the wing! Really excited to see how that looks.

I took the car out to a meet and people went nuts over it! Here's some pics.

I noticed I'm missing a piece from the intake box. Also missing the filter since the one I had in there fell apart. Any idea where I can get a replacement? Maybe a K+N style?

civic_zr
Forum Participant

Postby civic_zr » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:36 pm

Cool pics, awesome that you have the scooter too.

Its a mid spoiler, very similar to the EF hatchback one. Had Honda embossed in it, in the same style

http://image.hondatuningmagazine.com/f/ ... bumper.jpg

Edit: Like this, but genuine honda, not carbo fiber

ailixhomes

Postby ailixhomes » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:40 pm

Hi friend, You share here a very nice photo i like this car it looks very nice. It is new model in honda this is really looks great. I want to ask you that this car is launch in the market or what is it price?

Return to “General”