New to the forum, Loving my Honda City.. BUT...

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
matrox02

New to the forum, Loving my Honda City.. BUT...

Postby matrox02 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:10 pm

It has the Honda-matic box and im concerned... how exactly are you supposed to use it, at the moment I have to pull away from a stop in "L" then move to "*" and finally "OD" as im driving, is this normal?? Im hoping not and that its an easy fix....Because im still looking for a spare parts City to convert to the 5 speeder :)

Cheers guys, and ill post pics on a nice clear day.. New Zealand rains too much!

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:52 pm

Thats normal, its called a Semi-Auto, or a Clutchless Manual.

They can be pretty fun to drive and they are bullet-proof.

matrox02

Postby matrox02 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:41 pm

Sweet, though im still trying to track down a whole wrecker City to convert to manual, I dont enjoy cars unless they are manual really...

twin_c's
Forum Participant

Postby twin_c's » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:34 pm

Keep the semi auto they are a better box for launching off the lights. One Foot each on the brake and accellerator light goes green release the brake and off you go

matrox02

Postby matrox02 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:21 pm

twin_c's wrote:Keep the semi auto they are a better box for launching off the lights. One Foot each on the brake and accellerator light goes green release the brake and off you go
..........Nope..........

James
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby James » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:45 pm

matrox02 wrote:Sweet, though im still trying to track down a whole wrecker City to convert to manual, I dont enjoy cars unless they are manual really...

Agreed. Good luck with the search!

K1W1
Donating Member

semi-auto gearbox

Postby K1W1 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:23 pm

I have one in my Pro-T bloody brilliant - better for take off than the manual .Yeah you have to move the stick to change gears but each gear has such long legs and seamless change a treat to drive .Amazing how many cars you leave behind from a standing start .

Return to “General”