carby choice

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
stx-16
Forum Participant

carby choice

Postby stx-16 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:15 am

hay im new to the honda city game just wan to know what you guys use for an upgraded carby/carbys
iv been looking at the fcr flat quad carbs they would be amazing
but just seeing what you guys think would be best

twin_c's
Forum Participant

Postby twin_c's » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:01 pm

easiest choice is a weber 32/36 dgv with a adaptor plate but im currently trying to fit dual sidedrafts of a 92 gl civic all ive got to say is its hard to fit sidedrafts on a non-crossflow

stx-16
Forum Participant

Postby stx-16 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:04 pm

yeah theres not to much room but i think i might be able to fit a pair of SU carbs on there if i make my own manifold

K1W1
Donating Member

twin carbs

Postby K1W1 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:26 pm

Many moons ago someone mentioned a mid 90's civic twin carb setup that is a bolt on to the City N/A (manifold that is ) Do a search .

whatcharterboat

Postby whatcharterboat » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:21 am

Hi....

Does anyone know if a standard City carby will fit on a COMBAX motor???Long story but I just picked up a Combax motor for my Cabriolet but the carby is missing and I know I have a few carbys in the shed from old Pro-T Citys that I have wrecked. AND if it does fit, I presume the jet sizes will be different....anyone have experience here??? My Cabriolet had a Pro-T motor in that when I bought it too in case you were wondering why I didn't just throw that carby on.

Thank you....I did have a bit of search first but didn't find any other info on this.

Regards John.

twin_c's
Forum Participant

Postby twin_c's » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:42 pm

dont think a standard pro t carbie would work as the combax motor have a separate inlet runners for the precombustion cambers which run off a separate smaller carbie barrel best bet would a carbie off a cvcc-motor powered civic, prelude or accord as they would be a 3barrel carburettor

Return to “General”