BOV

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
paddymarsh
Forum Participant

BOV

Postby paddymarsh » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:16 pm

I know this topic has been covered a hundred times on here before but i am still struggling to wrap my head around it. So do i need to run a t section in my piping from my intercooler to the PGM thing, then put the BOV on a section of the T?? Or do i just cut the hose and put the the BOV in the gap?

Sorry i am new to this whole working on cars thing. If anyone has a picture of a BOV installed that would be an amazing help.

On a side note what does the measurement refer to when talking about a BOV? Like the 50mm or 35mm.

Thanks very much

bmgjet
Donating Member

Re: BOV

Postby bmgjet » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:15 am

BOV goes before the throttle body which is before the pgmfi bit.
Vac line to BOV goes after the throttle body so when the throttle is closed vacume goes down the line and opens the BOV which releases the pressure still in the pipe since the throttle body has closed giving it no where to go but back out the turbo (or BOV if you have one saving the turbo from running backwards)

Grunza
I'm New Here, Please Be Nice!

Re: BOV

Postby Grunza » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:30 pm

Just cut a section out of your pressurized side of the intake pipe. Get a t welded up with a outside diameter that will fit that intake hose, then get another piece of hose and chuck your bov on that. Pretty rough but does the job lol

Return to “General”