How to properly remove the Motor and Gbox on a std Pro T

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Melbourne City Fan
I'm New Here, Please Be Nice!

How to properly remove the Motor and Gbox on a std Pro T

Postby Melbourne City Fan » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:41 pm

Hi I bingled my old faithful standard silver City Pro t and bent the front end ( Chassis Damage ) Considering the Motor was good had reco clutch, CVs are good and reco Radiator, just fitted a reco master cylinder etc etc its too good to go and I am going to canibalise . I have a rust free and straight donor Pro T that runs So I am thinking of taking all the Goodies out of the Old Faithful. Can any one give me the step by step on removing the Motor and Gearbox in the easiest and Logical way. I presume the front Grille is removed and the motor lifted up and Out after the driveshafts are seperated from gearbox. Any pointers appreciated. Cheers Guy.

crispy
Forum Regular

Re: How to properly remove the Motor and Gbox on a std Pro T

Postby crispy » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:03 pm

I have a copy I made of the service manual for these cars HERE.

It's overall pretty simple as there wasn't a lot of stuff attached to the engine back then.
Basically you are going to have to remove drive shafts (which may mean removing some front suspension components), remove gear linkage and all cables (accelerator, choke, etc), remove lines (fuel, coolant, etc) then just unbolt from the engine/ gearbox mounts and lift! (shouldn't need to remove the front grill to get it out, but if it makes it easier, go for it)

The service manual will give you a proper step by step though, it certainly helped when i had to take off my gearbox.

Melbourne City Fan

Postby Melbourne City Fan » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:54 pm

Hey Crispy appreciate the manual thats very helpful. Makes it Look all to easy. My other car belonged to my Aunt she had it for 15 + Years and I purchased it way back when Good Citys were easier to come by. The Blue paints a bit faded in spots but it drives well is really rust free and I will have a ongoing supply of parts. Question 2 how hard is it to remove windscreen as some Tosser smashed the screen on the other car. Donor car has a great screen and I want to Swap.

Melbourne City Fan

Postby Melbourne City Fan » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:21 pm

Can the last question the manual shows all really good detail. Thanks Guy

Return to “General”