Blue Box - What does it do

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Blue Box - What does it do

Postby KingCity » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:32 pm

Hi all.
Just wondering if anyone knows exactly what the blue box behind/underneath the dash does? Reason i ask is that it came with a loom that had been sitting around in all sorts of weather & therefore is unlikely to work as it had been submerged at some stage so i was thinking if its only there to run the heater/aircon properly then i can just throw it out cause thats about the only thing i can relate it to & i don't run aircon.

Here are photos of it cleaned up.

& before i cleaned it up so i could read the letters.

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Re: Blue Box - What does it do

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:18 pm

Hey I've got one of those! looks very fimilar...you could get all new diodes etc. from RS components & spend a fun few hrs soldering away.... :)

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:02 pm

Yeah i believe its fixable but i really only want to know what it is to determine if its needed but thanks for the info.

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:48 pm

Looks like part of the air con or glass demister system to me.

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:54 pm

Right. I went to the wreckers during the week to find another blue box, the wreckers only had a couple N/A Citys, one is a City-E (which don't use one) & the other was a Honda City-R which is auto but a JDM model so tried my luck with that which i found it had a box under the dash so i whipped it out to find it was a GREY box but i took it anyway as i thought it may just be the build year that justified the colour difference but i was wrong as the photos point out.

As you can clearly see there is a mojor difference so don't use the grey box if anyone was planning to. My thoughts are these boxes are only for Citys that use A/C as the NZ new City-E's don't have a blue or grey box & they do not have a A/C unit so i think i will leave the blue box unplugged & test if there are any faults with the car without it.

Return to “General”