Last of the T2 speedo's

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Last of the T2 speedo's

Postby KingCity » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:27 pm

I have recently acquired a late T2 analogue instrument panel/speedo cluster from a 86 or 87 Turbo 2 City.
The first thing i noticed on the rear was the design is much more simple & robust & also slots in easier than the original digital type, however the down side is once installed & driving around it made me realise how slow the car really is, the car still feels fast but the speedo proves wrong. I think the digital speedo gives a false feeling as the digital numbers seem to climb much faster than the needle type does, i also noticed this with Honda S2000's while watching video's of them on YouTube & of course having owned one a few years back.

I just thought i'd put up a few photos to show people a comparison between a T1 (& for most T2's) & a late T2 analogue speedo panel & what to look for if you are looking around for one.

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Re: Last of the T2 speedo's

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:38 am

Nice pics. btw ppl I have x2 Turbo II Digital speedo clusters available for sale if anyone needs one, prolly $50 ea.

xmkydx
Forum Participant

Postby xmkydx » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:19 pm

i recently imported a cluster from japan, as i wanted a tacho for my Pro T, however once it got here, i discovered the cowl for the cluster is different, and the tacho is cable driven too! so yeh, not much use to me after all :\

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:24 pm

That sounds like a CITY-R (JDM) Model, i have one of those in my N/A city. You need the cable that is driven from the cam but cant be used on the turbo engines cause the crank/cam position sensor unit is in the way plus like you say they mount different to the turbo cluster, the face/clear cover is angled the opposite way. T2 unit is electronic as you can see in the photo & only the speedo is cable driven. I will put up a photo of a N/A one sometime.

Hyperblade
Moderator / Donating Member

Postby Hyperblade » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:41 pm

KingCity wrote:I have recently acquired a late T2 analogue instrument panel/speedo cluster from a 86 or 87 Turbo 2 City.
The first thing i noticed on the rear was the design is much more simple & robust & also slots in easier than the original digital type, however the down side is once installed & driving around it made me realise how slow the car really is, the car still feels fast but the speedo proves wrong. I think the digital speedo gives a false feeling as the digital numbers seem to climb much faster than the needle type does, i also noticed this with Honda S2000's while watching video's of them on YouTube & of course having owned one a few years back.

I just thought i'd put up a few photos to show people a comparison between a T1 (& for most T2's) & a late T2 analogue speedo panel & what to look for if you are looking around for one.

Thanks for posting them, great to see some good photos of one finally!

Return to “General”