Honda City Turbo On Meth

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Honda City Turbo On Meth

Postby KingCity » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:07 pm

Yay! Water/Meth Sprayer all up & working.

So i have finally installed the Water/Methanol Injection with good results, also i have fitted the Nitrous solenoids, fogger & lines but have yet to wire it in. I am going to be setting it up in a manner were nitrous is only used at low boost levels (10psi or less) without the addition of the water/meth being sprayed, above these boost levels the nitrous system will be disabled & the water/meth will engage & take over for all boost above 10psi. Reason for this you may be asking is due to nitrous & water/meth at the same time can lead into issues like running lean A/F ratios & or pooling/puddling, from what i've read its wise to avoid running together.

The other issue is running more than a safe 10psi boost with a 50hp nitrous shot (without water/meth) is likely to damage the engine so i won't change this hypothesis until the car gets on the dyno to check all systems are good then a couple pound more maybe added.

Reason for running both systems:
Well the main reason is to see which benifits the engine more - HIGH BOOST or LOW BOOST with nitrous, i will find out which is better once the car goes on the dyno. Water/Methanol is only in there as a suppressor for high boost levels as you will notice i do not run a intercooler plus from what i've reserched the water/meth can get intake temperatures cooler than a conventional intercooler without the headache of fitting a intercooler & piping.

The other reason is that nitrous is likely to be easlier to get the car off the line (1/4mile) better as thats where the car needs to benifit if im to get my times down, this is where nitrous is good as it builds boost quicker & can be used as a ANTI LAG option however this is not recommended as its hard on the engine & can limit engine life.

As some of you maybe asking why did i put the water/meth nozzle there rather than before the turbo for better intake/air density & spool, well its mainly due to me running a open port blowoff valve as its likely to spray water/meth all over the engine & engine bay when decelerating & changing Gears.

I should have a update in a couple months time once i have dyno'd it.

avjoe
I'm New Here, Please Be Nice!

Re: Honda City Turbo On Meth

Postby avjoe » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:52 pm

How'd you get on? Also what are you using as a tuning base??

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Re: Honda City Turbo On Meth

Postby KingCity » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:44 pm

Wow I had forgotten that I made this post, I actually explained everything on my main post under 'Members Cars'. I would delete this post if I new how & to stop any confusion on whether I ever finished tested it which I did.

Return to “General”