What turbos will bolt onto city engine manifold?

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

What turbos will bolt onto city engine manifold?

Postby bitterberry » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:04 am

I'm still weighing up my options for a turbo upgrade, was wondering if anyone could give some insight into what turbos will bolt onto the ENGINE side of the T1 engine? I'm getting a new exhaust made up once I have the new turbo so it doesn't need to fit to the exhaust side, I can get a new dump pipe made up. I know there's the rodeo turbo diesel turbo but that also includes some other fiddling, but still looking into that. Just looking to see if anyone knows what other turbos will work! Get at me :)

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Re: What turbos will bolt onto city engine manifold?

Postby KingCity » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:53 pm

Basically its likely to only be IHI brand turbos that will bolt straight on but i've only used standard T1 & T2 turbos as they are up to the task & do it well, thats why hardly anyone changes them. The G11 turbo Charade uses a IHI turbo & from what i understand it uses the same exhaust flange but im not sure of exhaust & compressor housings, most likely to be bigger than T1 & probably as big as T2. I've got a TD04HL15T turbo from a Mitsi Airtrek which would be a good turbo as its not over kill for the city engine & apparently they spool very well, i was going to use this on a completely new custom build but have backed out of it so will most likely sell it but you will need to do a full on custom exhaust manifold to fit it.

bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

Re: What turbos will bolt onto city engine manifold?

Postby bitterberry » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:25 pm

Was going to need new exhaust manifold for new exhaust anyway. Is the engine flange the same as the t1 turbo? If so could be very interested

Return to “General”