City lowering springs vs coiloverset

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
rafke
Forum Enthusiast

City lowering springs vs coiloverset

Postby rafke » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:51 pm

Hi all,

I already read a lot here about ZOOM! lowering springs?
but has anyone tried these on yet?
are that only springs?

I would be interested in a coiloverset, so adjustable in height.

Are there other models form coiloversets that would fit? anyone any experience?

Thanks
Last edited by rafke on Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mont
Forum Participant

Re: City lowering springs vc coiloverset

Postby Mont » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:52 am

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:25 pm

Read 'TurboCab's page, hes got a full suspension setup, so do i but his is explained already.

rafke
Forum Enthusiast

Postby rafke » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:04 pm

KingCity wrote:Read 'TurboCab's page, hes got a full suspension setup, so do i but his is explained already.

True,
I read it partly, but thought we could gather all info about the lowering of our City's /Jazz together...

turdbo
Forum Enthusiast

Re: City lowering springs vs coiloverset

Postby turdbo » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:34 am

Zooms work great.only issue is shocks ( but mine are stuffed ) but you will most likely need to shortern them as they bottom out hard.but the zoom springs fit great and ride quite well. They anrt "rated" for the turbo citys and they do a 200kg and 230 kg rated set.the 230kg set being literally double the price! $180 to $360. But they fit perfectly and drop a T2 quite well.front looks a tad higher then the rear but you could fiddle around with the arms to adjust this etc. So my verdict is ZOOM = GOOD for the $180 if you can get them!

turdbo
Forum Enthusiast

Postby turdbo » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:36 am

Ill up load a photo in the next few weeks.me and kingcity are going to be building an epic T2 out of x2 T2s and a T1 in the next few weeks so will post up some pics of that aswell as one of the T2s on zooms :)

rafke
Forum Enthusiast

Postby rafke » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:26 pm

turdbo wrote:Ill up load a photo in the next few weeks.me and kingcity are going to be building an epic T2 out of x2 T2s and a T1 in the next few weeks so will post up some pics of that aswell as one of the T2s on zooms :)

Great :mrgreen:

rafke
Forum Enthusiast

Postby rafke » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:36 pm

turdbo wrote:Zooms work great.only issue is shocks ( but mine are stuffed ) but you will most likely need to shortern them as they bottom out hard.but the zoom springs fit great and ride quite well. They anrt "rated" for the turbo citys and they do a 200kg and 230 kg rated set.the 230kg set being literally double the price! $180 to $360. But they fit perfectly and drop a T2 quite well.front looks a tad higher then the rear but you could fiddle around with the arms to adjust this etc. So my verdict is ZOOM = GOOD for the $180 if you can get them!

do these have a reference?
Do you know if these are sold online? webshop or something.
don't find anything on Buyee under the name ZOOM springs

turdbo
Forum Enthusiast

Postby turdbo » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:50 pm

you can find them on that YAHOO auction site, thats the only place that lists them but they wont sell them to you, you will have to go to japan to buy them or have a friend who lives there to get them for you :(

Harreh
Forum Participant

Postby Harreh » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:30 pm

Jesse Streeter runs a service acting as an agent on YJ, I have purchased quite a bit through him, quick Google will put you in touch with him

turdbo
Forum Enthusiast

Postby turdbo » Sat May 02, 2015 3:19 pm

I cant remember the link, but maybe just google ZOOM springs or honda city turbo ZOOM springs and see where that takes you.oh cool i mite get in touch with him!

rafke
Forum Enthusiast

Postby rafke » Mon May 04, 2015 7:01 pm

turdbo wrote:you can find them on that YAHOO auction site, thats the only place that lists them but they wont sell them to you, you will have to go to japan to buy them or have a friend who lives there to get them for you :(

Found them thanks.
http://yahoo.aleado.com/lot?auctionID=q64124709
You have an idea how much they should lower the city?
not mentionned in the add on yahoo auctions.
I have a contact in Japan so no worries.

But 1 more question,
My friend went to a custom shop to ask to make a coiloverset. (custom made on the car)
these guys said that if we would lower with only springs for more than 3 centimeters (1 inch and 1/4) we would damage our shocks in a couple of weeks.

We have got a price too for making the customer coilover set for our Jazz N/A (City).
A bit pricy, if we would have more people interested, this would lower the cost off course.

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Wed May 06, 2015 3:58 pm

James already tried & from what i understand there wasn't enough interest so only made a set or two, he was doing them at a good price at around $1200 a set from memory which is half the price of my custom ones. People who just want a little bit of drop should just get in touch with a spring making company, give them the required details & get them to make a set, will cost around $600 for a set but at least they will be made to a better (stiffer/softer) standard than the Zoom springs. If people are wanting a really tight stiff ride with flexibility on ride height & stiffness then full aftermarket adjustable suspension is the way to go but its going to cost a far amount more & we all know that City owners pockets arn't very deep so maybe someone could get a spring shop like 'Cobra Springs' in Chrischurch to do some sample springs & test different rated springs to get a good combination setup for the stock City shocks & once the spring company has that information they will save that for possible copies in the future & are likely to be a lot cheaper so anyone here on the forum could do this however i wouldn't recommend buying in bulk & selling to others as its likely the tax man will get in touch with you. Bitterberry would be the man for the job as he lives in Chrischurch & could take a front shock & spring & rear spring to them & they could come up with a good sring setup. The most important thing to realise is that the cars are old & the shocks are fairly stuffed in most of the Citys so having good springs wont always make your car handle &/or ride better.

turdbo
Forum Enthusiast

Postby turdbo » Thu May 07, 2015 8:18 am

When i get that chance im going to contact CELKA and get then to make up a custom set.they will be around 1049usd plus shipping.once they have made one kit they can produce them mass.

rafke
Forum Enthusiast

Postby rafke » Mon May 11, 2015 10:05 pm

We got the price of 1000€ ( +/-1400AUD or 1110USD)
so comparring to your numbers that souds right.

This set will also be fully custom made. (prox. 2days and they do it on the car)

Return to “General”