New guy, couple of questions

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Harreh
Forum Participant

New guy, couple of questions

Postby Harreh » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:13 pm

Hi Guys,

I am about to inherit myself a City Turbo 2, I've always been fond of these little cars and one has come up at an unbeatable price. Albeit with some issues, car comes with a blown turbo, I've read a bit here that the Rodeo diesel is an option, what kind of boost response would one be expecting from this? They seem a bit thin on the ground and generally in less than average condition. I've got a TD04 here so welding an adapter up is also an option for me.

The brake booster is blown, so I need to sort a new one, from my understanding there is a civic unit that directly bolts on.

Also if anyone knows of any Australian honda clubs that do Historic rego that would be great, I'm a member of Toymods but naturally they arent Honda friendly for regos over there :D

ST3LTH
Forum Participant

Re: New guy, couple of questions

Postby ST3LTH » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:28 pm

dont know if this will fit. you'd have to measure yours.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MASTER-POWER ... 33940ceb32

Harreh
Forum Participant

Postby Harreh » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:16 pm

Cheers mate, much appreciated.

Also whats the current business in shocks, obviously replacements are out and upon searching here I've found a lot of conflicting and different information. Is there a similar platform thats a nice fit with work or will I be going full custom?

ST3LTH
Forum Participant

Postby ST3LTH » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:15 am

its: trial and error to find out if other honda "lego" will fit
or: custom coilover setup.

there have been guys that have done it with honda parts. i know of one who wouldn't give any information as he was trying to sell $500-$600 kits. i wouldn't pay that for used factory honda suspension.

the only stuff i've found has been EB Civic strut for the front, and some kind of Toyota Cressida/Mark II/Grande shock for the rear. Don't know bout the springs yet.

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:26 am

I can confirm that Booster will fit a Turbo 1 & Turbo II City no dramas, I'm currently running one in my Turbo 1 - it uses the 'shaftless' type master cylinder though.

ST3LTH
Forum Participant

Postby ST3LTH » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:35 am

can you elaborate on the MC a bit more Anthraxxx?

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:46 am

I have made a post on here about it before with some pics etc. I got these guys in China to make that model booster for me several months back. Both my City's have a older style regular City MC on them that dosent have the shaft part sticking out the end. It's actually near impossiable to find replacement ones. A friend in Japan who recently bought one of these Chinese Boosters has fitted a different MC that works, but again it's a very hard to find MC that he has used :p Anyways here's a pic. of the MC that I use :

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:58 am

Annnd here's pics. of what the guy in Japan has used with the same booster. His MC was from a small japan only model mini truck, and he has used a different bottle instead of the remote one shown.

Otherwise You can of course use a old CRX booster/MC etc etc, but like here in Perth the local wreckers are utterly useless & don't carry or care about parts made before 2000 :p

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:10 pm

Harreh
Forum Participant

Postby Harreh » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:17 pm

Thanks a lot guys, really helpful information.

Springs aren't too big of a deal, not too hard or outlandish to get some reset.

Great info regarding the shocks, you wouldnt happen to know exactly what chassis code of rear struts from the Cressida by any chance? Odds are I've got some friends with some laying around.

Also are the factory shocks able to be disassembled? Rebuilding also is an option for me if possible.

Bit more background on myself.

Currently in possession of two fine Japanese automobiles.

Factory supercharged AW11 MR2

Adaptronic E440 Select ECU
Borg Warner EFR6258 Turbo
Koni shocks, TRD springs
Whiteline sways, poly bushes
TRD 1.5 Way Clutch Pack LSD

Factory Manual ZZW30 MR-S

Unmodified, reliable daily steed. Factory 5 speed, one of a small handful that got imported before the import rules changed

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:44 pm

Nice Ronal Turbo rims :)

Harreh
Forum Participant

Postby Harreh » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:52 pm

Cheers mate, I have pondered what they'd look like on the city, but I'm thinking 15x7 +28 might be a wee bit optimistic

Harreh
Forum Participant

Postby Harreh » Sun May 03, 2015 3:05 pm

Alright well after an eventful day trip from the Central Coast to Dubbo and back I now have the car.

I was pleasantly surprised at how good it is, despite the paint being a backyard matte job everything in the car is there for the most part, no cracked dash, no missing trim pieces. Factory Airbox, and intercooler, factory steering wheel and shift knob even.

The seats need a retrim and I'm missing a passenger door handle (if anyone has one let me know and we can sort something out)

The turbo is beyond repair, but thats not the end of the world.

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Sun May 03, 2015 3:22 pm

Awesome :) It's like saving a neglected animal when you bring home a City Turbo like this. My turbo 1 was just the same.

Harreh
Forum Participant

Postby Harreh » Sun May 03, 2015 5:26 pm

Cheers man, I'm pretty excited. Have to put my AW11 back together before starting on this, but I've got an idea of the rough work plan

Return to “General”