RB20DET turbo?

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Rotary
I'm New Here, Please Be Nice!

RB20DET turbo?

Postby Rotary » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:27 am

Hey guys, would a 20det turbo be a suitable upgrade for a city? or would the city have trouble spooling it? A friend of mine has a 20det manifold, turbo and 440cc injectors for me cheap, so was wondering if that'd be suitable to run?

bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

Re: RB20DET turbo?

Postby bitterberry » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:13 pm

AFAIK, 20det turbos are on the smaller side, but still enormous compared to a city one. I think it would definitely have some trouble spooling. Also remember their turbos have different inlet/outlets, oil lines, may be facing the wrong way and potentially could straight up not fit in the tight space in the city engine bay. I'm having a lot of trouble getting my rodeo turbo to fit and that's a lot smaller. Anything's possible but don't think it would be an easy swap, and potentially could be annoying to drive if its not spooling until 3.5k rpm

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:14 pm

What exactly is stopping you fitting the rodeo turbo bitter? It's been a while but I remember it being quite easy

bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

Postby bitterberry » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:09 am

I got the slightly wrong turbo, I think the 3L one instead of the 2.8L variant, so the bolt holes were too far apart to drill out to make fit as it says on the thread. So I had to get an adapter plate made which pushed the turbo closer to the firewall and the actuator wouldnt fit and hit an engine mount. So I'm getting a different actuator to suit

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:00 pm

bitterberry wrote:I got the slightly wrong turbo, I think the 3L one instead of the 2.8L variant, so the bolt holes were too far apart to drill out to make fit as it says on the thread. So I had to get an adapter plate made which pushed the turbo closer to the firewall and the actuator wouldnt fit and hit an engine mount. So I'm getting a different actuator to suit

(quietly saying) you should have bought mine.......... :D

bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

Postby bitterberry » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:12 am

Haha I know mate I know... almost would still be keen but I just bought a new daily driver so can't afford now

Return to “General”