Hunting idle under hard braking?

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

Hunting idle under hard braking?

Postby bitterberry » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:58 pm

So I've been battling with the famous hunting idle issue, and I've managed to ALMOST fix it by playing with the screws on the auto choke and idle speed on the throttle body. It was a bit of playing to get it to idle on cold and on warm but it is now, apart from when I come to a stop after braking semi-hard. When I do, the revs drop below the normal idle speed and then start hunting. A quick pulse on the throttle stops it and if I come to a gentle stop it will rest at it's normal idle and be fine. Any ideas anyone? Or just more playing with the screws?

ANTHRAXXX
Forum Addict

Re: Hunting idle under hard braking?

Postby ANTHRAXXX » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:12 am

Have you seen my video of the Japanese City workshop on youtube? When I was there I asked the guy about idle hunting, he showed me where/how to do the adjusting for this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDSeVCVevKw

At around 3:30 he shows the part, he later showed me the same part from one of his engines & how you should remove it from the car via 2 screws, take it apart & properly clean it all out, then make your adjustments. I've been meaning to find the part from my spare engine & do abit of a video of what he showed me. If playing around with the screws isn't solving it it's apparently because the internals are clogged & it needs to be cleaned out before you start tuning.

bitterberry
Forum Enthusiast

Re: Hunting idle under hard braking?

Postby bitterberry » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:48 pm

Yeah I already checked out that video and took the auto choke assembly off and cleaned it out and all that. I'm thinking that the screws just need to be at exactly the perfect position which is hard to get..

Return to “General”