Dump pipe turbo flange.

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
The N/A Way
Forum Participant

Dump pipe turbo flange.

Postby The N/A Way » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:47 pm

Hi Guys
I'm missing the connection between the turbo and cat on my city t2.
My civic (city t2 conversion) is using the flange off that connector bored out to a custom dump pipe/cat.
Im trying to find a flange to create another but cant seem to find the right one, does anybody have one lying around or know where to get a new flange or dump pipe?
(I have tried the ebay rhb5 and t3 both dont fit)

Haemesh.

spike10000
Forum Enthusiast

Re: Dump pipe turbo flange.

Postby spike10000 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:44 pm

Hello Haemesh,

Matt, the guy you bought the car from, is actually a mate who shares my passion for MR2's, so I am familiar with your T2 purchase (I have one too!). I know your pain all too well, because when we fabbed a 2.5" turbo back exhaust for mine, I wanted to avoid butchering my oem flange, so bought a RHB5 flange from ebay too, which as you discovered, doesn't match. We ended up just grinding out my factory flange, so I'm afraid I can't actually help you out as such.

I can't help but feel your best bet will be to have one laser cut, using your turbo housing to trace a template. In my searching, I never found a flange advertised to mate with the RHB51/52.

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:54 pm

Are you after the flexi that sits between the turbo & cat or just a four bolt flange (turbo side) or the three bolt flange (cat side). U can use a T1 flexi but three holes will need slotting to suit the wider stud spacing of the T2 turbo plus T1 flexi has a smaller diameter flexi than T2 so will restrict top end flow a bit more.

The N/A Way
Forum Participant

Postby The N/A Way » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:29 pm

Thanks Spike, I was worried that would be the case. I have the custom one I got made up for the Civic Turbo off the car at the moment I will take to the exhaust shop to try and clone the whole thing.

Yep, KingCity, the flexi between the turbo and cat is what I need so I can use the 4 bold flange that mates to the Turbo so I can butcher it for a new bigger dump and highflow cat.

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:36 pm

So you are just after a flange, not the flexi. Just use the gasket as a template, thats how i use to make my flanges.

The N/A Way
Forum Participant

Postby The N/A Way » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:58 pm

Yep, thanks KingCity will do. Although from the pics this looks similar. Just ordered a gasket to test.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/391433653057?_mwBanner=1

Return to “General”