Rodeo turbo upgrade issues

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Barnsey8008
Forum Participant

Rodeo turbo upgrade issues

Postby Barnsey8008 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:34 pm

I have a t1 with the rodeo turbo installed, and lumpy cams. rest of the car is stock. as cool as it is I have lots of lag and the engine lugs hard whenever I boost into 5th gear. Top speed in 4th gear is 140kmh and can't go further as 5th gear drops me down to 100kmh and won't achieve boost. Anyone found this issue or how to resolve it?

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Re: Rodeo turbo upgrade issues

Postby KingCity » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:12 pm

If you have a boost guage then keep an eye on that to see what it is doing, what PSI at what RPM & holding steady throughout rpm range while using full acceleration, sounds like a fuel or timing issue but i have been wrong before regarding a similar issue.

Caleb
Donating Member

Postby Caleb » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:59 pm

easy fix.. the Rodeo is a diesel & it's wastegate actuator opens around 6psi (i think) & the city lives for boost (cant remember but i think it opens around 12-14psi). you need to use the old wastegate actuator or buy a universal one.

or evil suggestion, cut the small hose between turbo & actuator & plug both ends. this method ensures immediate results :) :)

turbocab
Donating Member

Postby turbocab » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:27 pm

I think Caleb is onto it
My old setup used to boost hard in all gears.i didn't know at the time but I used a stock actuator with a modified arm on it.

Return to “General”