N/A - T2 bodywork interchangeability

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
davo1
I'm New Here, Please Be Nice!

N/A - T2 bodywork interchangeability

Postby davo1 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:25 am

Hi
I have a T2 I'm fixing up, it has a fair amount of rust. Does anyone know if the front end (slam bar and headlight panels) from a N/A will swap over to mine?
I'm from London so very few spares over here.

Thankyou

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Re: N/A - T2 bodywork interchangeability

Postby KingCity » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:52 pm

Hi. I'm not to sure what you mean by slam bar, the only thing i can think of is the main cross member which is tack/spot welded to the body & supports the caster/traction arms for the front wheels, if that is what you are meaning well the T1 & T2 are different from the rest of the gen 1 City's, i can't be sure of Cabriolet City's though. The difference from what i understand is just to allow for a different radiator setup, the T1 & T2 radiators sit slightly more forward & under the cross brace (radiator & bonnet latch support).

davo1

Postby davo1 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:43 am

Ah ok, yeah that's what I meant, the large steel beam behind the front bumper. It's solid on mine, it's just the panels the headlights sit in are too far gone, even to patch up.. thanks for getting back to me.

Is it worth buying a N/A as a donor in your opinion? Or is there not enough parts shared to warrant that?

KingCity
Forum Enthusiast

Postby KingCity » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:23 pm

A N/A body isn't going to be much use as a donor if your fixing up a T2's rusty body, some parts can be used but you are still likely to have to modify or fix up to suit the T2 original look. TURDBO is currently tidying up a T2 with some N/A parts.

davo1

Postby davo1 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:02 am

Cool, I may well buy it anyway for a daily, thanks for your help mate!

Return to “General”