Clutch

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Smithy
Forum Addict

Clutch

Postby Smithy » Sun Feb 09, 2003 12:07 pm

OK dudes, i think my clutch is on its way out.

when you pull away normally its fine, if on boost (3800ish up) theres nothing just spins.

Also when driving if accelarating fast (like traffic light racing) as the torque (1800-3500ish) is fine on clutch but as soon as the turbo starets to really boost it justs slips...the revs climb up fast than the rate of actual accelration of the car....

Im pretty sure this is a clutch problem.,..Now
if this is correct whats is the replacement clutch?  Honda City?  honda City Pro?    anyone know if we can get higher rated clutches for them??

cheers!

Brisbane too, if know of any one.....shopwise...

Smithy
Forum Addict

Re: Clutch

Postby Smithy » Sun Feb 09, 2003 12:16 pm

Oh, I've emailed RaceCraft too....

just waitin for replay, unless 1 of the guys messages me here....

: )

BOOSTBOY
Forum Addict

Postby BOOSTBOY » Mon Feb 10, 2003 6:44 am

Exedy make up a HD turbo clutch.  Try them, autobarn are one of their suppliers...

Smithy
Forum Addict

Postby Smithy » Mon Feb 10, 2003 2:46 pm

I'll ask auto barn when I go into to pick up the UniFilter I've been waiting a week for.

just to get a price I think.......if its not too much than standard I'll get the Exedy one.    Oh whats HD in HD Turbo mean?? sorry its prob. something simple too.

Im not confident enough to do a clutch change either so I'll have to get some shop to fit it for us.   might be cheaper for them to buy it in to, but I dont trust they just won't buy the cheapest replacement part they can get and charge for an Exedy clutch.   I mean its not like its going to be visible.

Oh well BOV goes back on hold....

campbell
Forum Enthusiast

Postby campbell » Mon Feb 10, 2003 6:05 pm

I'm a bit hazy on this, but I'm pretty sure that the T2 clutch is the same as that in the 1500 Civic.  I got the exchange City clutch kit and nothing fitted.  But we were at a car club "service" day and someone else was doing a swap on their Civic.  Their old clutch went into my City, and has been there for 70+Km with no problems.  I think I can recall who's it was, I'll check with them at the club meeting tonight.  

Don't forget to check the cable adjustment before you get too excited.  Life might not be slipping away altogether yet.

Regards,
Campbell

si
Donating Member

Postby si » Wed Feb 12, 2003 12:48 pm

Theres a place in Sumner Park (western suburbs) - Honda Care

They seem to be able to get alot of stuff for the City Turbos.

Simon

Smithy
Forum Addict

Postby Smithy » Wed Feb 12, 2003 10:41 pm

cool, thanks Si....I'll give them a ring too. they may have the diaphragm thing i may need too,..

Thanks Campbell about the cable adjustment....
thing is how do I adjust it?

I had a look today....the lever arm that comes out the bumper side of gearbox seems to have an adjuster thingy... any advice with it?   seemed to be plastic adjuster freely clickable either directionn by fingers.

wasn't sure whci way to try it though....

help???

Return to “General”