City Sounds

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Turbo3
Forum Enthusiast

City Sounds

Postby Turbo3 » Wed Feb 26, 2003 6:48 am

Hi all,

I was using a sub box in the T3 City before getting drastic on it. It sat behind the front seats with the top angled up to the rear floor so I could still recline the seats. This had two 8" Jaycar Carbon Fibre drivers in it. Part of this space is now taken up with a sealed 440 CCA battery, as the usual battery compartment has made way for plumbing and the air filter.
So I'm after ideas on where to mount the box. I'm also need maximum load space for work!
The Jaycar drivers where 8 ohms, 120W RMS and paralelled up to 240W at 4 ohms. I don't think there's enough room to run two drivers in this space anymore, so was thinking about a single 10 or 12" driver in a smaller box. I'm using the Jaycar 2 x 100W bridged as my sub amp.
This was tested recently at 238W RMS into 4 ohms so the driver has to be pretty gutsy!
Anyone else looking at serious audio?

Pete 8)

mrboom

Re: City Sounds

Postby mrboom » Wed Feb 26, 2003 7:21 am

I have put Jaycar gear in quite a few different cars lately. It performs really well. Where you have the sub mounted it is losing a lot of sound. Subs need to load off a hatch, wall etc etc. Pick the sub box up and move it to the rear of the hatch making sure it faces the rear. You will notice a dramatic improvement in sound.

BOOSTBOY
Forum Addict

Postby BOOSTBOY » Wed Feb 26, 2003 7:55 am

I *almost* bought two 15s and a single channel amp on the weekend!   ::)  Glad i didnt, audio is way too heavy!
My city has had soo many different audio configurations in it!  The best being the Cerwin Vega 15 in a big ported box behind the back seat loading off the hatch, run by the big crossfire 2ch amp.  That was LOUD!  Sold it all to a mate who put it into his subaru liberty and pulled 141db with it!
After that i had 3 JL Audio 10s, they were almost as loud and sounded heaps better, again loading off the hatch.
As Mrboom said, if you have your subs as close to the hatch as possible you will get a huge output gain over having them point anywhere else...

Turbo3
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Turbo3 » Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:16 am

Cheers guys!

As the rear seats have been removed for max load space, I figured I wouldn't gain much by putting them by the hatch and they would just get in the way. The "box" was using the back of the rear footwell as part of it's structure to keep weight down, so I can't actually move it without making a new section for the bottom and back to form the box. Any ideas on Bass Cannons etc?

Pete 8)

Return to “General”