late boost?

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
doggystyle
Forum Addict

late boost?

Postby doggystyle » Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:39 pm

i've got a T2, just had a whole lot of head work done & turb recon, but it doesnt hit full boost till 4 grand, both the T1s i had hit full b at just over 3, is this cos of the bigger turbo or is it something else, also i just scored a whole lot of hks stuff, auotmatic regulator computer, t timer,front mount etc......150 bucks, also got what looks like a fcd, its got a vacum/boost hose and 2 wires (black) coming out of it , any ideas would be much appreciated, cheers

BOOSTBOY
Forum Addict

Re: late boost?

Postby BOOSTBOY » Mon Mar 03, 2003 1:47 pm

Is the turbo bigger? That could cause later boost delivery.  What headwork did you get done?  Standard camshaft?

Sounds like you got yourself a bargain with the HKS T1!  Do you have pics of all of your stuff, it all sounds very interesting!   What is the 'automatic regulator computer'? The fcd looking thing sounds more like a boost controller than a fcd...

doggystyle
Forum Addict

Postby doggystyle » Mon Mar 03, 2003 2:23 pm

the fuel computer is a piggyback onto the existing computer and plugs between the computer. however the boost controller is a solenoid valve that runs off the blue wire (it bridges this wire) and the green/white wire of the 3-4 wire connector thats at the top left of the engine bay.we dont know where this plugs (vac part) into. (it wont boost- bunny hops without the blue wire connected)
the intercooler and piping and oil cooler are all hks stuff- wicked bolted up quick as and definitely makes a difference. we are hoping that the hks computer removes the fuel cut, but it also has it written on it that it changes the fuel curve. but we dont know where to run that boost valve cause it doesnt seem to have anywhere to transfer the air to- and its a sealed valve. so maybe its a cut switch??played around with the wastegate leaker(boost controller), but will fabricate a proper one aka the one posted here.

any suggestions welcomed, havent set the ignition perfectly yet, any body tried messing round here?
may look into proper extractor turbo exhaust manifold shortly as we know how much it improves other cars we have modified.
what about your fuel cut defender- we are up for one.
the hks might do it- we'll find out shortly but you might have to send us one soon.

blitz_power

Postby blitz_power » Mon Mar 03, 2003 3:31 pm

so u mean u have put a piggy back computer to your T2?
Any idea how to trace the ignitiong wiring for me?
I need to install a SAFC to my car ..

doggystyle
Forum Addict

Postby doggystyle » Mon Mar 03, 2003 5:53 pm

elaborate that request?????????

Return to “General”