How can I...?

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
DR86
Forum Enthusiast

How can I...?

Postby DR86 » Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:02 pm

How can i boot mount my battery?
like what kind of wiring and just how is it done? I want more room in my engine bay for a decent air box assembly.

Turbo3, i know your battery is rear mounted, help?

Any suggestions? Anyone?

Cheers,

Chhun.

blitz_power

Re: How can I...?

Postby blitz_power » Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:13 pm

Hi i might be able to help you a bit cause i did it by myself.
first you have to buy a battery cable which is bigger than the standard one. Just around  3.5 meter for one cable is enough for the whole system.

Cut off the standard positive wire and connect to the new battery cable. For the negative one just cut it off and you dont need that anymore.

Now is the time for you to find a place to hide the battery wire. For me i will pull the positive wire to the right hand side where the PGM F1 is and slightly abit further to the bottom, where it is on the passenger sit.  
You can pass the wire through the cable where the O2 Sensor is and hide underneath carpet and to the back.

Now the wire is at the back and you see how much left over the wire is and cut off it.

For negative cable you can connect the to the safety belt plug. Just loosen the nut and clip it on it. Make sure it is hard enough.

Get a battery box and put your battery in.
That is how i did mine..

;))

Turbo3
Forum Enthusiast

Re: How can I...?

Postby Turbo3 » Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:11 am

Mine was a bit different. I went for a sealed high current battery and have mounted that on it's side behind the drivers seat. The earth cable will go onto the chassis by the seat belt mount and also straight to the stereo amps under each seat. I'll extend that to the computer and ignition for max voltage. The positive side will use high current welding cable and connect to the starter and ignition.

Cheers,

Pete.

Return to “General”