Honda-lunatics from The Netherlands

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Jazz-R

Honda-lunatics from The Netherlands

Postby Jazz-R » Sun Mar 09, 2003 8:17 pm

Hi there: i'm Rob from The Netherlands, Europe. First of all: realy nice site, compliments. Finaly i've found more info about the City, in Europe called Jazz. Me and a very good friend (we both drive Honda, him an Integra Type-R, me a CRX VTEC), are working on a '85 Jazz, we completely stripped the car and are now rebuilding it. Our Jazz wil be reborned as a Jazz Type-R, just the looks. Sadly, in Europe the City Turbo was never sold officialy, now i've seen lots of beautiful pictures of realy nice Turbo's, it gives us lots of inspiration. We have placed 2 CRX-seats in our Jazz, we have painted mirrors, wheels (185/60/13), bumps and door handles.
We are still looking for a lowering kit (springs). There's nothing available here in The Netherlands, does anybody know where we can get some (used) lowering springs?? What are the average costs for such parts? The same goes for an exhaust, all tips, information etc. is welcome. I'll keep you posted.

Cya  ;)

(By the way: sorry for my poor English)

Jazz-R

Re: Honda-lunatics from The Netherlands

Postby Jazz-R » Sun Mar 09, 2003 8:30 pm

Our cars:  8)

Brendan
Admin

Postby Brendan » Sun Mar 09, 2003 9:10 pm

Hello, welcome to the site and thanks for the kind words!

Thats a nice clean looking city you have there, keep us updated on your progress!

Brendan

Jazz-R

Postby Jazz-R » Sun Mar 09, 2003 10:11 pm

Hi, i most certainly will. Do you have any suggestions about the lowering springs?? Here in Holland, there are no possibilities.

Tanx, cya ;)

City-R

Postby City-R » Mon Mar 10, 2003 4:17 am

Hello Honda City-lovers!  :) First let me introduce myself to you all; I am Leslie and a good friend of Rob (Jazz-R).
You probably have red the post above; what can I say more, I totally agrree with Jazz-R, it's very, very nice!
When we started to rebuild the City into a Type R version, we assumed that we should have an uniek Honda City in the near future.  O my, how wrong we are seeing the cars on this site!  :-[
So indeed you have given us an enormous explosion of inspiration to create an awesome City in the Netherlands.
Hopefully you can help us in our surge of parts to accomplish this. As mentioned above we want to start with lowering the car, so therefore we are looking for a springset with or without shock absorbers. Do you now an adress in Japan for instance or in your country where they sell these parts? Or mayby someone on this site is selling a springset!

Greets Leslie

Turbo3
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Turbo3 » Mon Mar 10, 2003 6:00 am

Hi guys,

Great job!  ;D
Being part Dutch myself (van Brucken), I was very interested in what you are doing over there. I have an ambitious City Turbo project on the go (Peter's NZ T2 on this site) and had a good look at springs myself. Eventually got some custom wound 200 lb (90 Kg) linea compression on an adjustable collar. This worked out cheaper than most commercial units. Do you have anyone over there that could make some for you?
If you are going to do this, get a front and rear swaybar made at the same time. Front will need to be around 22mm, rear can be smaller.

Pete 8)

BOOSTBOY
Forum Addict

Postby BOOSTBOY » Mon Mar 10, 2003 6:52 pm

Welcome!  :D
I too have a strong dutch background!  (my last name is Nijenhuis)  Just last week i attended the Holland Festival here in victoria!

Your City/Jazz is looking very nice indeed.  As for the lowered springs, can you get your original springs re-tensioned over there?

Proost!

Glenn

Jazz-R

Postby Jazz-R » Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:47 pm

[quote author=BOOSTBOY link=board=GEN;num=1047208656;start=0#6 date=03/10/03 at 18:52:44]Welcome!  :D
I too have a strong dutch background!  (my last name is Nijenhuis)  Just last week i attended the Holland Festival here in victoria!

Your City/Jazz is looking very nice indeed.  As for the lowered springs, can you get your original springs re-tensioned over there?

Proost!

Glenn[/quote]

Haha, nice nice. A friend of mine is also named "te Nijenhuis", Here in Holland a farmers' name (haha).

What do you exactly mean by "repositioning springs"?

What was that Festival like? drinking and smoking weed on wooden shoes?? (HEHE)

When are you coming to Holland, maybe you can bring us some nice parts from a City Turbo?? ;D

Cheers!! Proost!!

City-R

8)Re: Honda-lunatics from The Netherlands

Postby City-R » Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:49 pm

It's always good to know that there are some dutch gens around! ;)
This is a good start indeed, to re-tension our original springs, we haven't thought of that, thanks.

Turbo3 we have spend some time looking at your project. Your pictures are going over the dutch internet, your car is getting famous in the Netherlands 8)

We questioned ourself if you made the sidescreens (Is this the wright word for it????) by yourselfs?

Thanks for your nice reactions guys!!

Jazz-R

Re:  8)Honda-lunatics from The Netherlands

Postby Jazz-R » Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:56 pm

[quote author=City-R link=board=GEN;num=1047208656;start=0#8 date=03/10/03 at 22:49:14]It's always good to know that there are some dutch gens around! ;)
This is a good start indeed, to re-tension our original springs, we haven't thought of that, thanks.

Turbo3 we have spend some time looking at your project. Your pictures are going over the dutch internet, your car is getting famous in the Netherlands 8)

We questioned ourself if you made the sidescreens (Is this the wright word for it????) by yourselfs?

Thanks for your nice reactions guys!!
[/quote]

Leslie: what the F### is "re-tensioning"??  :P I'm not that technical, or my English is very bad  ;D

Turbo3
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Turbo3 » Tue Mar 11, 2003 5:36 am

Hi guys,

Retensioning is what I did on the back of my City. This involves heating them up (very hot) and squeezing them together. Then cooling and re-heating to return their "springiness". Most suspension shops over here have all the gear to do this. It would be worth finding out who can do it over your way!  ;D
Great to hear my City is getting known in the Netherlands. I've got some updated photos which Brendan might like to put on this site (Cheers mate!)
Progress has been rather slow lately with divorce settlements and now looking at buying a house. I'm hoping to get some extra out of the bank to finish the project.  ;)

1MAQL8

Postby 1MAQL8 » Tue Mar 11, 2003 6:57 am

You're not having divorce settlement probs cos of you're city loving are ya pete???? :D :D

Turbo3
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Turbo3 » Tue Mar 11, 2003 7:07 am

No, but the fact that she hated the whole idea of my project did NOT go in her favour.  >:(
She later said she was looking forward to driving it....like that'll happen!!!!! ;)

Pete 8)

Brendan
Admin

Postby Brendan » Tue Mar 11, 2003 4:40 pm

[quote author=Turbo3 link=board=GEN;num=1047208656;start=0#12 date=03/11/03 at 07:07:04]No, but the fact that she hated the whole idea of my project did NOT go in her favour.  >:(
She later said she was looking forward to driving it....like that'll happen!!!!! ;)

Pete 8)[/quote]

wow you are dedicated, ditching the missus just so she cant drive your pride and joy hehehe :)

Jazz-R

Postby Jazz-R » Tue Mar 11, 2003 5:20 pm

[quote author=Turbo3 link=board=GEN;num=1047208656;start=0#12 date=03/11/03 at 07:07:04]No, but the fact that she hated the whole idea of my project did NOT go in her favour.  >:(

Pete 8)[/quote]

Haha, i can tell you that the City (Jazz) we're working on, is going to be driven by my girlfriend, she's looking forward to that.

Return to “General”