battery relocation

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Smithy
Forum Addict

battery relocation

Postby Smithy » Wed Apr 30, 2003 5:17 pm

Any one moved their Battery to the boot.   I was thinkin along the line I'd have to put a better air filter on than the Unifilter panel one I got to go inthe standard air box, with that het transfer I'd like to put the battery in the back and run a pipe to where the bat. was as that should be the coolest place in the engine bay (right?).

any one else done that.
havein the space above the engine spare should help air circulation too. maybe.   whats with the cars with a pod fitted around the air con unit so the air feed still works, seems theyed get an awful lot of heat soak still being above ahot spot.???

kenny
Forum Enthusiast

Re: battery relocation

Postby kenny » Wed Apr 30, 2003 6:53 pm

hey

best person to talk to is Blitzpower, he has done it to his T2.

thanks kenny 8)

blitz_power

Postby blitz_power » Thu May 01, 2003 3:50 am

Hi smithy.

I have done mine which the pipe pull over to the air box area and cant be 3 inch all the way, mine is following the standard pipe untill the corner of the black box then all the way to 2.5 inch and then 3 inch till the aircon area with a air filter.

i have pull the battery to the back sit of my car as well. But the problem is it is very expensive to do a pipe from the standard air filter piping to the panel where the battery normally sits. This is due to the workmanship and the is not much space around the standard battery area. WHich is mean that the pipe is very hard to go from the standard pipe area. The place there is very tight. That is why i pull to the air con area.

I think both piping give the same performance because if u pull a pipe over the aircon area, The heat from engine will move upwards to the pipe. Bear in mind if you modify the pipe to the battery area, the hot air blow from the radiator fan will heat the pipe as well unless you have a bonnet scoop there.

Mine is doing great as i put a air intake hose to the air filter.

If you can pull out the engine yourself ofcos it is the best way to measure and do the piping yourself.

Just two cents of info

Thanks...

Arnold

PGNUTA
Forum Enthusiast

Postby PGNUTA » Thu May 01, 2003 7:30 am

I've done mine with a pipe over the engine into the air conditioning area.  Although i still have aircon that works so i'm reluctant to remove it for more space so i used one of those hks air filters that are bloody small.

Anyhoo.  Biggest problem i have it that the induction pipe gets bloody hot and i dont have an intercooler.  Still it's a damn sight better than the factory panel filter in that stupid air box thing.  It was actually cheaper to get a pod filter than get a replacement panel filter (original one full of oil :( )

Turbo3
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Turbo3 » Thu May 01, 2003 10:01 am

Hi all,

I used a high current sealed battery and secured it on it's side (gotta love those sealed units eh!) behind the drivers seat. This is going to be part of the sub box where I had two 8 inch drivers. May now go to a single 10 mounted behind the passenger's seat but using the all the footwell area up to the battery for the box.
Air intake then goes through the free area where the battery was, straight to the turbo. Bonnet ducting will extract all hot air from the radiator and intercooler before it gets to the intake pipe. For good measure, the pipe is ceramic coated and there's extra vents on the side of the bonnet buldge.  ;D
I know...it's a bit of overkill, but I'm trying to cover everything to make it behave as well as I can!!  ;)

Pete 8)

Return to “General”