Erattic Idling

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Henry
Moderator / Donating Member

Erattic Idling

Postby Henry » Wed May 07, 2003 9:23 pm

I may have stumbled onto something with this today, I had drained some coolant out of the radiator so that I could remove the top radiator  hose for access below there. When I put the coolant back there was about a litre that didn't go in because of air in the system. Ran it to start some circulation, ran even at about 2000 for a while then dropped back to about 1500-500. up and down it went, worst case I have had to date. Couldn't adjust it out and it wasn't until I bled the air out of the bleed valve located just below the distributor that it evened out. There is a pocket in the head here that holds air which will not come out with normal circulation and must always be released via the bleed point. Can only guess that this was upsetting the water temp sender.  The bleed works a bit like a brake bleed, just loosen it off about 1/2 turn and let it run until there is pure coolant coming out, should be done at temperature and with the engine running and radiator cap on to build up pressure. Be careful, coolant will be hot and can spit out past the front of the car at times.  Good luck    Henry

kenny
Forum Enthusiast

Re: Erattic Idling

Postby kenny » Thu May 08, 2003 2:31 am

hey

i had the same problem with my t2. their is a water temp sensor in the manifold somewhere which causes then engine to hunt when their is no water. or thats what i was told from the guy i bought my silver T2 off.

thanks kenny 8)

Smithy
Forum Addict

Re: Erattic Idling

Postby Smithy » Thu May 08, 2003 4:55 pm

Hmm, I'll try that tonight, if I can find it...

got my car back from Evolution Racing before, new waterpump timing belt alternator belt etc.
Yay..
they thought theyd effed it due to the bouncey revs!!!

Return to “General”