City 2 Vs Skyline

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
PGNUTA
Forum Enthusiast

Re: City 2 Vs Skyline

Postby PGNUTA » Mon May 12, 2003 7:22 am

I have personally scared a few people including the rather astonished driver of a wrx  ;D

MUnity
Forum Regular

Postby MUnity » Mon May 12, 2003 2:49 pm

A bore is a hole, therefore "big bore" can refer to anything with a big hole ;D

QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Mon May 12, 2003 5:59 pm

[quote author=MUnity link=board=GEN;num=1052399106;start=0#16 date=05/12/03 at 14:49:36]A bore is a hole, therefore "big bore" can refer to anything with a big hole ;D[/quote]

word  ;D

Smithy
Forum Addict

Postby Smithy » Mon May 12, 2003 9:44 pm

Cant say I've had a proper drag against someone really, but I gave a  (would've been similar year) Honda Prelude an easy flogging from two sebsequant sets of street lights th eother day.
Yeah impressed a guy in  an R31 Skyline too.  Followed a guy in an R33 around top of a street in Brissie other day, he took it wide and I just turned in quick and when stright passed him...
Had a good race against a guy in a Mazda Van other week. I was playing with the stereo as lights changed but went, and he actualy stalled it.
Should be better with the new clutch soon (month maybe), then the exhaust. :)

Turbo2
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Turbo2 » Fri May 23, 2003 12:45 pm

Hey I have raced skylines before and they're not all wat they are made out to be.

I was in town of a nice cold night and I stopped at a set of lights to discover a Skyline pulling up beside me rumbling to a halt.
91-92 shape and this guy winds down the window and says "wan a drag"

"Yeah sure" (snickering to myself boost sitting on 15psi) Well this should be interesting.

The lights go green and i drop the clutch in first and launch ahead of this Skyline, to wat i swear was a half car length......Then second gear.......
At this point this skyline's jsut Maxxing out in first and i'm already halfway through second.

Then comes third gear.........the GTS-t reaches my wing mirror again in second as my lower geared Third cog holds me back a bit.
I'll tell you first and second always get them.

By this time this GTS-t is screaming but not advancing.
So i drop back preparing for the next set of lights.

The lights go green and the same thing happens all over again i rip him in First.........and Second.........then third.......and by fourth he's edging up slightly.

He continued to come back for more of wat seem fairly like punishment. (not to mention the spectaors getting this on camera jsut to make thing worse for this driver.)

Wat can i say I F!@#*KED him up good.

Yeah thats all ;D
Skyline's just don't learn

doggystyle
Forum Addict

Postby doggystyle » Sun May 25, 2003 12:50 pm

i did a road trip to golden bay at easter i was stuck behind a 94 rs legacy with rims exhaust etc, we would overtake at the same time and he'd slowly pull away but i had a 35% loss of compression and an extra person in the car what's his excusse....aye

PGNUTA
Forum Enthusiast

Postby PGNUTA » Mon May 26, 2003 10:09 am

Herhaps he just wasn't caning his car.  This sort of shit really pissed me off sometimes, i've got a 1993 silvia with a prettybody kit but i don't kid myself that it anything quick so i don't kane it around all over the place trying to beat skylines and shit.  I could get passed my some 14 year old shit in a mini for all i care and yes he would probably go bragging to his mates that he blew away my car.  

But at the end of the day who really gives a flying f u c k!

QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Mon May 26, 2003 3:29 pm

Hey dude,

My city 0WNS U!!
;D

DR86
Forum Enthusiast

Postby DR86 » Thu Jun 26, 2003 1:06 pm

Sad story here, one of the very few defeats of my life.

I was driving home one rainny night. Ahead at the lights was a Black manual twin-turbo Supra lined up with a VN Group A SS (manual) Commodore. The supra had no chance in the wet, the VN rocketing away, so, i gave chase. (couln't care less about the Supra) Sticking up his ass into a two lane opening, dried up bitumen, and a red light. It was on, so I thought, and as the lights went green, I nailed it. Boom, I was gone, leaving the VN at what seemed like 8 car lengths.

Then I wondered if he was dragging or not. Up ahead, another set of red lights. i reved up for the launch, then i heard it, the VN reving in contempt, the noise was awsome. GREEN!!! Tyres howled ( mine anyway), i saw at the corner of my eye, the VN was edging away, slowly but gradually, squating on every gear change and pulled ahead to what looked like 4 car lengths. DAMN. I was devis8ed.

Maybe if I fixed my clutch up and got the dump pipe on with the front mounted IC, this would have been a different story. But i don't know, wheel spin (spins at the top of 1st gear into 2nd) was my limiting factor that night, so guys, grip is good. I reckon I could have had him that night if it wasn't for the wheel spin and clutch.

That was my very long tragic story. Pick your fights wisely. Sometimes, size does matter (5ltr vs. 1.2ltr, are you kidding??)

DR86.    

doggystyle
Forum Addict

Postby doggystyle » Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:29 pm

i dragged one of those 88-89 civics with the 1.6 v-tecs, i think they were the first ones, anyway i was in my little sisters eb1 civic 4 speed with my cousin and i stopped a a set of lights just before the columbo st over bridge and this guy pulls up beside me, you know thinking hes cool an shit with his big wheels and exhaust, so i rev the little piece of shit a bit being a dick and this guy starts reving his to buggery, we just craked up but when the lights changed BANG fist gear spinning second gear spinning third... well i nailed him anyway he tailgated hardcore for i while then overtook me at another intersection. i think how you drive has alot to do with it mind you those eb1s are pretty low geared

Return to “General”