How about

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
SkylineGTR

How about

Postby SkylineGTR » Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:27 pm

;D hi everyone  i have a 77 civic non cvcc and i was wondering change the original engine for a honda city turbo what do u guys think about this swap it will be good? what i am gonna need please help me because im very interested on doing this

Turbo3
Forum Enthusiast

Re: How about

Postby Turbo3 » Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:38 am

Hi there,
Yep, this is a really popular and not too difiicult swap. There's some stuff under the Modifications section on this web site posted by Trevor which I'm sure will help.
Keep us informed of your progress!  ;D
Cheers,
Pete 8)

SkylineGTR

Postby SkylineGTR » Wed Jun 25, 2003 3:01 pm

if somebody could tell me some tips on what do i have to do....maybe with pictures....because i know that is more simple because of its size but i don`t know what kind of troubles may i have or if im gonna need to cut some mounts or something like that

thanks you ;D

SkylineGTR

Postby SkylineGTR » Thu Jun 26, 2003 8:16 am

up!!!

QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Thu Jun 26, 2003 1:48 pm

A mate of mine did one recently in his back yeard, went real hard :)

Was really simple as long as you had both cars, so you could just pull bits from one, and transplant into the other.

BOOSTBOY
Forum Addict

Postby BOOSTBOY » Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:11 pm

Ive never done it but im pretty sure its almost a straight bolt in.  You need to extend a rear stabiliser or something.  The hard part is the wiring, youd be better off finding a front cut.  Then you'll need an efi fuel system too...

ct
Forum Participant

Postby ct » Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:45 pm

Hi SkylineGTR,
                     I have just about completed the conversion that you are talking about. The conversion is not too hard. As boostboy said you need to make a custom torque reaction rod which is done buy combining a prelude mount and the stock civic mount. I am not sure what year prelude to get the mount off but I can send you a pic if you like.  The wiring can take quite a bit of time, I have translated wiring diags for sale that are of great help if you are doing this conversion. The fuel system is the other thing that you need to adapt. My fuel tank has been modified with a swirl pot and plates but you could problem get away with using a surge tank or just running strait off the tank. You will need a high pressure fuel pump such as one off a VL commodore. I have done some mods while I have been at it using a bigger garret GT17 turbo, big brakes, etc there are a couple of pics of my care in the city turbo pics topic (its the green one). I have only had the car running fairly rough on low boost (7psi) and it goes like a rocket so the conversion seems well worth it! If you have any question just post them up and I will try my best to answer them for you.

Cheers
Chris ;D

SkylineGTR

Postby SkylineGTR » Fri Jun 27, 2003 10:12 am

;D well thanks a lot ct i`ve seen your green civic your car rocks dude especially for those wheels im sure that thse wheels look nice on my gold civic.....well please send me pics of your installation or maybe give your mail so i can add you to my msn that way can i talk to you and maybe send those diagrams :D hope so well im seeing all the trobles and possiblities of putting this engine into this little sleeper and see what happens we will keep in touch ct thanks a lot bye!!!

SkylineGTR

Postby SkylineGTR » Sat Jun 28, 2003 4:36 pm

;D up!!

SkylineGTR

Postby SkylineGTR » Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:35 pm

????

Brendan
Admin

Postby Brendan » Wed Jul 02, 2003 9:17 pm

Please dont bump your threads - most people would read all of the new threads anyway.

:)

Brendan

Return to “General”