Terminal velocity

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
adam

Re: Terminal velocity

Postby adam » Thu Jul 03, 2003 11:30 pm

hey fellas i got my t2 to 165 on 10 pounds boost chasing my bros vl but hopefully will go higher soon wit boost raise and front mount

city_boy_t1
Forum Enthusiast

Postby city_boy_t1 » Fri Jul 04, 2003 8:26 am

I got my standard as T1 to 175 no probs (a little while back.....running 12 inch tires  ;D)

I dont know mate you say u just got a reco head? So u must have re done the cambelt and the cam timing........Your car seems to be running like mine did when i missed 1 tooth on the cam pulley timing.  The reason i say this is because full boost should hit at about 2800 not 4000 revs.

It is just a sugestion....check it out

good luck

BOB

Charles
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Charles » Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:53 pm

I used to have a stock T2 (except exhaust) got it to hit the 180 mark on the speedo on a flat stretch, I always thought it would go to an indicated 188 though, but after increase the revs another 500rpm there was still no increase in speed.

The official top speeds are
T1 178km/hr
T2 175km/hr

They reckon the T2 had a slower top speed because of the body mods even with an extra 10hp.

doggystyle
Forum Addict

Postby doggystyle » Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:45 pm

the funny thing with mine was though even with my cprs at 150/120/95/90 i still got to a place called golden bay (about 500 ks)in just under 5 hours and over took 95 cars on the way, even with such a large loss in power it hauled ass.... to 145 that is

Smithy
Forum Addict

Postby Smithy » Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:48 pm

At the moment I've managed 150 returning to Brisbane on the GoldCoast highway. Past the Logan exit passing through the newer bit with the T2 lane (appropriate!!).
Thats with my slipping clutch and the airfilter pipe not conected to the turbo properly, me and GF (we are not small peeps either...Im 98KGs myself)...uhm,,,the highway up that part and onto the riverside expressway is concrete walled each side too, so theres not much wind!  (which is helpful) , Also was at 12:30 at night so the air was CHILLED.  
Car felt nice too at that speed, had to reach it slowly though due to clutch so I wasnt game going any faster...
...which Im replacing with the HD exxedy item tomorrow
hopefully....   ;D
sweet.
SO what were the factory wheel diameter? also tyre
diamter of factory fitted wheel , wondering about
speedo accuracy?! ???

Michael

Postby Michael » Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:14 pm

Hey be carefull with the heavy duty clutch. I have been looking into it all week and found out that standard a T2 will have about 750 pounds clamping pressure, a heavy duty cluch will put out 30-40 % more. I was going to put a heavy duty clutch in mine but I decided to get mine checked first and mine put out 1000 pounds. In other words mine was slipping the heavy duty clutch! (The flywheel and clutch plate is fine). I now have my heavy duty clutch being sent away to be made more heavy duty. Just be carefull as to how strong the heavy duty item actually is.

Michael

doggystyle
Forum Addict

Postby doggystyle » Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:35 pm

see it you can get a holden one ton pressure plat to fit, thats what i used to use for my 929s(mazda)

BOOSTBOY
Forum Addict

Postby BOOSTBOY » Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:03 pm

watch that the rear main seal isnt leaking oil as this will make any clutch slip.  Its happened to me on two seperate engines...

Michael

Postby Michael » Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:08 pm

I dont think the holden one tonner clutch will work as the honda motors rotate in a different direction to most other motors. If the gear box needs to come out it would be a good idea to do the rear main seal any way. (about $14)

doggystyle
Forum Addict

Postby doggystyle » Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:02 pm

doesn't matter its only a pressure plate doesn't matter which way it spins

Charles
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Charles » Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:28 pm

Because of the city flywheel design (especially the deeply stepped T1) you cannot go really heavy duty with spring pressure because the pressure plate frame buckles under load thereby giving you less clamping pressure than a stocker. T2s are a bit different because they dont have the stepped flywheel. Try and get a better friction material. and slightly increase pressure rating in a T1 flywheel. Because of the weight of the cars you don't need to go too stupid with a clutch for a city turbo.

doggystyle
Forum Addict

Postby doggystyle » Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:26 am

yeah i wouldn't think so, unless you've got some really fat guy sitting on your bonnet

Michael

Postby Michael » Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:27 pm

I have already talked to a clutch expert that told me that you cant use a pressure plate out of engine that spins in the opposite direction to the city as the springs (not really springs but more sort of brackets) in the pressure plate face a different direction.

doggystyle
Forum Addict

Postby doggystyle » Sat Jul 12, 2003 6:43 pm

??well thats news.. i was told that it would fit

city_boy_t1
Forum Enthusiast

Postby city_boy_t1 » Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:31 am

:) :D ;D ::) 8)

Funny how all the Posts near the beginning of every Topic are very related to the matter and then a few posts down the track everyone starts talking about something else eg.

Terminal Velocity subject.........current topic HD clutches

:) :D ;D 8) ::)

Return to “General”