BOV trouble

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
city_boy_t1
Forum Enthusiast

BOV trouble

Postby city_boy_t1 » Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:57 pm

Hey guys,

I own a City Turbo 1 and i just purchased a racepro blaster blow off valve for it.

i have just modified the standard piping (no intercooler)to suit the BOV.  After hours of f$%king around trying to make it fit i finally did it.

Now i have been informed that you have to hook up tha little pipe off the top of the blow off valve to the plenum somewhere.  Now i have only managed to find three hoses (vacuum of some sort) and have tried to T-piece each and every one of them and i still cant seem to get it to work.

In the process i have f%$ked something else up and now the car just constantly humms and idles at 1500-2000 revs.

So far this has been a nighmare and i am sick of it and just wanna get it back and running right again (not humming) and hopefully someone can give me some info of where to hook up the BOV pipe.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BOOSTBOY
Forum Addict

Re: BOV trouble

Postby BOOSTBOY » Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:43 pm

Ok mate, first thing i would do is get it running good again.  Remove you tee piece and check all the hoses you have played with.  By the sound of it you have a vacuum leak.

Once its running good again, you can connect your BOV signal line to the correct position which, on a city turbo, is NOT the plenum.  You need to get a signal from after the throttle body.  Under the throttle, there is a sandwich plate which has a vacuum line coming from it on the passenger side of the vehicle.  Tee into that.  Either that or tee into the fuel pressure reg line. Id tend to go for the first option, just to be safe...

Good luck with it!

Cheers

Glenn

QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Mon Jun 30, 2003 4:41 pm

yeah what he said :)

Sounds like a boost leak allright, something isnt sealed up right!

Jw

city_boy_t1
Forum Enthusiast

Postby city_boy_t1 » Mon Jun 30, 2003 8:47 pm

Thanks alot  for the info :)

I just got it running right again, checked all the hoses and they were all fine i must have just moved the dizzy timing.

Havent tried to find the signal line yet will try it tommorrow.  Hope its not too much of a mission to find but once again thanx a heap  :D

si
Donating Member

Postby si » Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:08 pm

Hey ppl,

I have a turbo 2 and am trying to find that vac line, but not having much luck.  Is it the same for the turbo 2's?  Can someone help me out a bit here please.

Pics would be good if possible.

Cheers,
Simon

Tony
Forum Regular

Postby Tony » Sun Jul 27, 2003 7:38 am

Hi city_boy/si

I have a Racepro Type II BOV in my cabriolet/turbo.  Assuming you've got the same vaccuum advance unit as I have, there are two vaccum lines running into the advance unit, one closer to the bottom/fat part of the unit and one at the top on the smaller diameter section.
Cut the line that runs into top/smaller end and connect it into there with a T connector.

Cheers

Tony  ;)

Return to “General”