84 model city pro t carb/ want to turbo it how?

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
the_granny_mobile

84 model city pro t carb/ want to turbo it how?

Postby the_granny_mobile » Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:45 pm

Now the city has been sitting in the front yard for a while now.  Grandma has owned it from new and she can no longer drive. hence the user name.....

I have decided to make it go fast as a project just for fun.  I have a budget of 2000-3000 dollars to play with.  

What can I do drop a T1 or T2 front cut in????  please forgive my ignorance on city's I don't have a clue about them.  Also the shocks are stuffed what shocks fit in the citys?  Do king springs fit in them?  And what sort of mags can you put on them/ gaurds rolled or flaired?  

cheers,

Thank you in advance...

Turbo3
Forum Enthusiast

Re: 84 model city pro t carb/ want to turbo it how

Postby Turbo3 » Fri Jul 25, 2003 7:09 am

Yo the Granny Mobile,

I presume it's a stock old City "E" or "Pro"? Yeah, you could drop a turbo engine from a front cut in. It's gonna be a lot of work replacing wiring, dash, fuel system, computer and other bits. But hey, it will improve things no end!!  ;D You'll also need to swap the bonnet unless you do a pod filter behind the headlights and remove the aircon if it has one.
Still keen??
Shocks can be a problem. The old ones can be re-valved and filled along with re-tensioning and compressing the springs. Otherwise there's bugger all around.
If you've got up to $3000, you may be better of trying to find a T2 in good condition. Where abouts are you?
The supply of available T2s in NZ is getting less, but they can go really cheap. Then if you want to start playing with that, you could end up with a very quick machine!!
Pete 8)

city_boy_t1
Forum Enthusiast

Postby city_boy_t1 » Fri Jul 25, 2003 10:35 am

Yo the granny mobile

Turbo 3 is right.

If you have 3000 to play with just go and look for a T2 as i just picked one that has had some serious work done on it for 1000.  Forget about the transplant as the car is not worth much to begin with it is just a wast of money and effort.

Where abouts are you as i know of a half decent T2 for sale for $1000 ono?

cheers

BOB

the_granny_mobile

Postby the_granny_mobile » Fri Jul 25, 2003 11:31 am

i am in mackay QLD where are you located? send me deatils of the T2 please...

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Fri Jul 25, 2003 9:20 pm

What you really need to do is find you self a nice body for your newly aquired T2 engine (when you get one). I couldn't help but reckomend a Civic ;D. Im sure between us Michael and I can guide you through the finer points of a transplant, and then you will have yourself a great engine that is nolonger wasted in what is essentially,a brick! (or something even less aerodynamic if thats possible). Merely a suggestion of course ;) (buy a second gen hatch (hint hint))!

city_boy_t1
Forum Enthusiast

Postby city_boy_t1 » Sat Jul 26, 2003 8:27 am

Hey Granny

Im in Auckland New Zealand.......still wanna no more about the car??

the_granny_mobile

Postby the_granny_mobile » Sat Jul 26, 2003 11:16 pm

no thanks mate

city_boy_t1
Forum Enthusiast

Postby city_boy_t1 » Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:50 am

Colza

What the hell are you talking about, calling T2s bricks.  Mate just turn around and take one look at your Civic which looks more like a concrete block and just put that good old ER motor where it belongs.........in CITY's

;D ;D :D

Colza
Forum Addict

Postby Colza » Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:08 pm

Dont see your POS body getting itself airborn off hills ;D
I will agree however that with my shocks and springs in their current state your city probably handles infinitely better and has infinitely more traction (probably more scope for fatter tyres too). In the end, my goal was for my car to become an interesting hybrid of the two. I thought that I would reflect back on its proud T2 heritage by grafting the T2 bumper, body flares and side skirts onto the civic body. Hopefully find a sunroof too 8) All dreams at the moment tho cos I cant even afford to buy any fiberglass :(

city_boy_t1
Forum Enthusiast

Postby city_boy_t1 » Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:27 am

LOL  :)

Thats a bit better making yr civic into half a T2.  At least with the guards in place you car might not look like a brick as much :) as for handling ....... dude my T2 was used for hillclimbs and has won some events too ........ soo it has to handle  ;D

Cheers

BOB

Return to “General”