Need help on a T1 conv.Civic

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
Michael

Re: Need help on a T1 conv.Civic

Postby Michael » Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:14 pm

I think youll find those glass filters not suitable for fuel injected motors.

Did you reco the head with the kit that you metioned in another post? If you used the Aust city kit than your cvcc stem steals may have poped off and cause your plugs to get oiled when left for a few days or let idle for a period of time.  

Sleepy
Forum Regular

Postby Sleepy » Fri Aug 01, 2003 1:48 pm

Hey Michael,
                    Yeah I just found out a few days ago that they werent the correct Valve Regrind kits for the Turbo'd City after trying to fit on the Rocker cover gasket onto my T1.    :-[

And luckily no I havent recond. the engine yet ....Thank god for that!!

As with the glass filters .....thanks for the advice. A pity though, looks kinda cool

where do you get your parts from? Do you source them from another engine? No matter where I ask around here ...Honbits, Hontoys, Rare Spares etc I cant find any er1 spares or replacement parts.

Michael

Postby Michael » Fri Aug 01, 2003 3:20 pm

Honda didnt reinvent to wheel with the city. Many of the part on the city are the same as for other models. Ive used bits and pieces from every where. I get alot of stuff from the wreckers from other cars (mainly hondas) just have a walk around the yard and see what looks like it will fit. All the parts I want new I get from Supercheap but only cause my brother works there and can look up the parts I need. Youll find that most of the auto stores can get almost anything, all you need is someone that is willing to do a bit of work to contact a few suppliers. Unfortunatly it can be difficult to find someone that will do this.

Sleepy
Forum Regular

Postby Sleepy » Sat Aug 02, 2003 3:17 pm

lol Most "general" auto stores that I walk into around my area and ask anything thats got to do wiff Honda City Turbos they just give me a blank look and say "wuh?"

Spark Bros in Yagoona NSW are the only ones that will do any homework for me. Abit of a drive tho but well worth it.

Charles
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Charles » Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:36 pm

If it is down on power and everything else is OK and the plugs are oily and the turbo is whining then I would consider the turbo. Especially with smoke on start up and under load. Just being overly rich should not leave oil on the plugs.

QikLude
Forum Addict

Postby QikLude » Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:35 pm

[quote author=Charles link=board=GEN;num=1058801972;start=0#19 date=08/03/03 at 23:36:13]If it is down on power and everything else is OK and the plugs are oily and the turbo is whining then I would consider the turbo. Especially with smoke on start up and under load. Just being overly rich should not leave oil on the plugs.
[/quote]

When i screwed up my fuel settings on my turbo prelude I could foul a plug and coat it in oil VERY quickly... to the point u HAD to throw them out...
It just washed the bore and oil went everywhere it shouldnt, so lost compression and wouldnt start easy, if it did it would smoke bad etc...

It was a bad thing, but was an interesting lesson!!

I would be interested in the condition on the bore on that motor, cause I had similar thing where the bores in my b20a block are premantly glazed from running to rich.. so it always chews oil and loses power.
Smoke when on boost etc because of the compression loss etc, how badly does yours smoke?

Return to “General”