To Tony

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
crooky
Forum Enthusiast

To Tony

Postby crooky » Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:20 pm

Hey Tony.  Just checked out your muffler...looks good.  I was just wondering, do you still run that standard air box.  If you do, take it off and see how much harder your car goes.  And how much better the turbo sounds. My car made at an extra 10HP at the wheels on a dyno with the box off.  I've got all the stuff to move the battery into the boot now and then I'm putting in a rampod type filter in a semi-enclosed box with a cold air feed.  Should be good....... If the air-box is still on yours, try taking it off and see the difference.

Tony
Forum Regular

Re: To Tony

Postby Tony » Fri Aug 08, 2003 6:57 am

HiYa Crooky

Yeah, I'm still running the standard airbox.  When I had the T1 engine dropped in there I had all the aircon stuff removed so I now have a big hole where the compressor was, which is where I plan to drop the pod filter, then I can use existing air intake from the left hand side and a duct from the front to feed a cold air box.

This will all have to wait though, it runs strong enough for now and I want to sort handling things first before I worry about more power, at the moment I'm slowly working on converting it to four wheel disc and then I think I'll do the same as Pete and get some custom heavy/lower springs wound.

With modded vehicles in NZ, any engine swap/mods that results in an increase of more than 20% more power over standard means getting it certified, which I've been told I must do.  So I might as well do all the other things that will need certification at the same time, like brakes and suspension.

Then....MORE POWER!!!!!

Cheers

Tony  :D

Although, I might just pull it off over the weekend and run it open to see how it goes.. ::)

Brendan
Admin

Re: To Tony

Postby Brendan » Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:48 pm

Guys, just so you know there is a private messaging feature on this forum... if you cant find it, it should be in the help:

www.cityturbo.com/yabbhelp/index.html

Cheers,
Brendan

Return to “General”