Member's Rides !!

Post whatever you like in here but try to keep it Honda City related!
city_boy_t1
Forum Enthusiast

Member's Rides !!

Postby city_boy_t1 » Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:43 pm

Hey I have been a member of this forum for quite some time now and have been putting the effort to put my 2 cents forth when ever it was needed and was wondering if there was a way for my vehicle to be added to the members rides section.

I would love to hear what everone else thinks about this and how many other people would like to have their vehicles pictures uploaded too.  :)

Cheers

BOB

Turbo3
Forum Enthusiast

Re: Member's Rides !!

Postby Turbo3 » Mon Aug 11, 2003 3:25 pm

Yo Bob,
Hey no probs on getting your cars on the members rides! Brendan was going to give me the task of updating this bit. I'll flick him an email about it as I don't think I've got access to the server yet.
If you can send me the pics and text you want to include, I'll get it up there for you.
[email protected]

Cheers,
Pete 8)

Spartica

Postby Spartica » Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:22 pm

uumm I don't want to sound stupid here but why not set up a form where we can upload our pics and write comments to them ourselves? Like on some photo albums?

Turbo3
Forum Enthusiast

Postby Turbo3 » Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:18 pm

Generally this sort of stuff is composed to look good as a web page. There needs to be a bit of administration going on as to how it's presented and published to the server. Not everyone should have access to this as it gets messy real quick. Some people will have pics in different formats, resolution or sizes so you either need a really clever bit of software to manage it or one not quite so clever administrator. The administrator idea is definately easier eh!  ;D
Pete 8)

Spartica

Postby Spartica » Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:43 pm

well i have some photo album coding and scripts if you want them.. if you do.. gimmie a yell

Brendan
Admin

Postby Brendan » Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:45 pm

Alright I've been putting this off for a while as it does take a bit of my time to setup, and well, I'm lazy.  How about - I create a new board on this forum called "Members Details", then we all start our own seperate threads with pictures and our details/descriptions of our rides etc. etc.  That way we can edit them to keep it up to date.

Does this sound like a good idea?  Does it sound dodgy or can someone see a flaw in that setup?  We would need to create a standard template that people could just copy into there own thread.

Tim, unless you have some sort of member php stuff?

Brendan

Spartica

Postby Spartica » Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:56 pm

Yea that sounds like an idea Brendan... but with all posts, some peoples will be pushed off the page and there could be alot of fighting over who has the most popular car and what have you with veiws and posts. Could be abit dangerous.
And I'm sure we all hold alot of pride in out cars even if they are stock and I'm sure you wouldn't want to split the community with "favouritism" would you?

Soryr to put a huge bucket of water on your fire

city_boy_t1
Forum Enthusiast

Postby city_boy_t1 » Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:58 pm

I think it is a good idea Brendan.

I think that this is the only way to get all the people to get their buts into gear and reveal everything about their rides and maybe a little about them selves too.

I only have one problem with this idea and that is that some members will just look at the photos being posted to that topic (members details) and they will just start talking about some irrelevant crap.

It always happens and i think it is a bit rude and was wondering if the unnessecary post could be deleted and then there would be no prefference as there would be no order in which the cars were uploaded in.

Cheers

BOB

angel1on

Postby angel1on » Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:04 pm

hey city_boy_t1, i saw one green T2 at auckland uni today. was that you? i heard the blow off(or filter?), sounds nice.

city_boy_t1
Forum Enthusiast

Postby city_boy_t1 » Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:30 am

auckland uni.......princess street carpark???

if thats where you saw it then it was me on the 14/8/03

angel1on

Postby angel1on » Fri Aug 15, 2003 1:54 pm

[quote author=city_boy_t1 link=board=GEN;num=1060569811;start=0#9 date=08/15/03 at 06:30:22]auckland uni.......princess street carpark???

if thats where you saw it then it was me on the 14/8/03[/quote]
yeah that's right. i saw the city when u were passing clock tower...nice man 8)

doggystyle
Forum Addict

Postby doggystyle » Sun Aug 17, 2003 12:00 pm

why dont you have the posts in order of memberage.. so the longer you've been here the closer you are to the front of the list

Brendan
Admin

Postby Brendan » Sun Aug 17, 2003 2:47 pm

Good thought, but its not possible.

Brendan

Return to “General”